Masonic Penny coin/token from Harrodsburg, KY

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Browns Fan, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Browns Fan

Browns Fan Active Member

About XF45 condition. Not finding much on the value of these. Is anyone familiar with scarcity and value? Thanks for any help.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Did you use our search function? They have been posted here often.

Here is one of several that I own. They were given to me by a Philly Mint retiree who made the punch & die for them.

_MG_2355.JPG
    1968 Masons Cent.jpg

4. Browns Fan

Browns Fan Active Member

5. Browns Fan

Browns Fan Active Member

Yes, I did a search The coin I have is about half dollar size with a keystone on the obverse. I'll try to get a pic

6. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

The Masonic Penny, Masonic Chapter Penny, Mark Penny, Masonic Coin, or Masonic Token, is a coin or medallion made and used by some Masonic lodges.

They are given to members during initiation ceremonies or meetings.

The Royal Arch Masons almost always issue Masonic Pennies to their members. These are specialized Masonic lodges sometimes called York Rite Masons. The lodges sometimes use the abbreviation R.A.M. on their pennies. Most Royal Arch chapters have disbanded.

The pennies are usually 30 mm to 35 mm in diameter, similar in size to the old pre-decimal English penny (31 mm).

They are manufactured by commercial medal makers or Masonic regalia companies. Most have generic designs and the names of the chapters on them.

Some have the Biblical Ark of the Covenant on them or the HTWSSTKS emblem which means "Hiram of Tyre, Widow's Son, Sent To King Solomon".

American Masonic Pennies are not worth much as there are thousands of varieties made for thousands of lodges and few people collect them.

This one is my favorite:

[​IMG]
    Masonic Penny Berkeley California - Berkeley Chapter 92
    Bronze, 31 mm, 9.15 gm
    Obverse: BERKELEY CHAPTER No. 92 R.A.M. / CALIFORNIA / University of California Greek Theatre
    Reverse: CHARTERED APRIL 18, 1906 / ONE PENNY / HTWSSTKS emblem
    This chapter has disbanded.

:)

cpm9ball and Browns Fan like this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Masonic coins are actually very common.

8. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

Here you go https://www.cointalk.com/threads/masonic-coins-tokens-and-counter-stamped-pennies.332732/ As it has been said, the value has been dropping as the older members that collected or traded them or the counterstamped cents are dying off. They go for slightly more in the local of the chapter/lodge. In the Southeast Michigan area they can be found in the bargain bins, or go from $2.00 to around $10.00. Forget the coin condition BS as tokens of the general collecting type aren't graded the Civil war types are graded on rarity and the scale is different

Heavymetal and Browns Fan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted