Marrianne or Liberty themed foriegn coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by old49er, May 6, 2016.

1. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

Heres a couple more I just got... frenchindochinaobv.jpg frenchindochinalibertyrev.jpg frenchpiastre libertyobv.jpg frenchpiastrerev.jpg marrianne exposition medal obv.jpg marrianne exposition medal rev.jpg

Steve66, longshot and sonlarson like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. old49er

moremarrianneliberty1obv.jpg moremarrianneliberty1rev.jpg Hi all. Here's the latest additions to the collection. The trade dollar is a copy of, one of the pattern coins, I'm sure. It was sold as a token. This is really fun stuff for me. I never really got into the world coins before. Man its a big world out there! I'm gleaning a lot of history from the descriptions and research...always on the hunt. I may slow down when I get my 60 coin album filled....best regards

gerrikabeitia and sonlarson like this.
  4. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

On the Greek coin is Athena. You will generally see her with a full face helmet pushed back on her head like that. I suspect you could never wear it like that, it would fall off :)

old49er likes this.
  5. old49er

Thanks, yes I agree. but looks cool. imagine how heavy those helmets were? and the other coin, with the stars and weird looking neck has been posed wrong in my picture. I noticed the 2 different star types ,and thought hummm... I think shes stargazing myself...:smuggrin: stargazing1.jpg

Dave M likes this.
  6. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

That is interesting with the two different stars. I don't collect Brazil, but I suspect someone would have a story for why there are two.

old49er likes this.
  7. old49er

can you give me a name for this one? par excellent

8. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

I assume the gal on the front fits your "liberty", or "italia" motif, though I don't know her name. If you're hunting for one on ebay, search for "italy milan 1906" and you'll find it.

More of my French collection:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. old49er

Very nice, those gals are great. thanks for the info.

10. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

I'm sorry, but trade dollar 1872 is not genuine. Alas!

old49er likes this.
  11. old49er

nice coins. I got the Milan ordered. Man she don't come cheap either. But after all its only money...

12. old49er

Thanks, Yes, it was sold as a token. So I knew it was not legit

13. old49er

got this one today. french 1955b100francs obv.jpg french 1955b100francs rev.jpg

sonlarson and Dave M like this.
  14. old49er

Hi all, got a few more in the post today. Disregard the other beauties. but buying great designs along the way... here's a few more. I love the pattern of this 1913... fun stuff. I have 40 or more still coming... so keep a lookout...:joyful:

Attached Files:

15. old49er

Hi All, Been trying to order all the coins, you have posted. Most appreciated. Can't find some, will look again every so often. Got a few more today... Here's a couple pics... new libertymarianne2 obv.jpg new libertymarianne2 rev.jpg italymilanbestobv.jpg

sonlarson and Steve66 like this.
  16. old49er

Hi everyone, got a few more to post. The collection is at 60 or so now. I,m still thinking ...if I should continue ? Or start another 60 coin album? Fun stuff. I will add all the American liberty coins I have, after ... best regards to all... latestlibertyhead obv1.jpg latestlibertyhead rev.jpg goodoldmarriannenewobv.jpg goodoldmarriannenew rev.jpg

sonlarson likes this.
  17. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Nice collection going. Maybe focus on Silver or Bronze coins. Or a certain denomination to bring the collection together. Need to have some closure.

old49er likes this.
  18. old49er

Thanks, sounds like a good plan

19. Siberian Man

Marianna from Spain (Republican Government. Period of Civil War). One of my favourite coins.

Attached Files:

• 85.jpg
      85.jpg
      File size:
      69.8 KB
      Views:
    • 86.jpg
      86.jpg
      File size:
      62.1 KB
      Views:
    chrisild and old49er like this.
  20. Siberian Man

Euzcadi or Viscayan Republic (autonomous territory in north central Spain since October 8 1936 till June 18 1937). It was period of Spanish Civil War. Euzcadi was conquered by fascist troops of Francisco Franco. They released only this couple of coins - 1 peseta & 2 pesetas. Both were struck in Brussels Mint (Belgium). Viscayan Republic existed only 8 monthes, but these coins were in circulation.

Attached Files:

• 65.jpg
      65.jpg
      File size:
      77.3 KB
      Views:
    • 66.jpg
      66.jpg
      File size:
      80.3 KB
      Views:
    • 67.jpg
      67.jpg
      File size:
      116.4 KB
      Views:
    • 68.jpg
      68.jpg
      File size:
      112.9 KB
      Views:
    chrisild, sonlarson and old49er like this.
  21. old49er

Hi thanks, Really interesting history to those coins. I'm going to order these. I found several for sale. One seller ,mentioned the Bask region on the description.

Draft saved Draft deleted