Mark Antony Denarius

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Beginner345, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Beginner345

Beginner345 Active Member

dang. sorry

ominus1 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

That is a fantastic example and FORVM coins always look much better in hand.

4. Audy123

Audy123 New Member

The only thing that would make me think it is a fake is the $50 on eBay for a Marc Antony. I have been collecting Roman Denari long or not long off, but I wish I knew how to look at the coin and determine if it was fake.

Of course it would have been helpful to post diameter, weight and die axis.

5. dadams

dadams Well-Known Member

Here is my LEG XX which I paid $231.50 for and I felt like that was a pretty good buy.

[​IMG]

TIF, Orielensis, Johndakerftw and 3 others like this.
  6. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

live and learn, there's rule of thumb here..if its too good to be true, it probably is..not always, but mostly..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  7. Marsyas Mike

Marsyas Mike Well-Known Member

I agree the OP looks fishy, but I am no expert. I'm pretty price sensitive, so I was very happy with this LEG VII for $13.39 via eBay. Usually ones even this worn go higher (I watch them all the time):

Mark Antony - Legionary Den. LEG VII $13.39 Nov. 2017 (4).jpg

8. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

You should be. I would too.

ominus1 and Marsyas Mike like this.
  9. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Just a note, the coin is not for sale at $45, that's it's current auction price. If real, and this is not my area, it will hammer much, much higher. If you like it then do your research, come up with a realistic price you are willing to pay, at least a couple hundred dollars, and put in that bid. Almost all the action on ebay comes in the final 20 seconds.

P.S. And don't post ebay auction listings you want to bid on, you are sending competition to the coin. You can save the listing's images and post them here without the link to ebay.

ominus1 likes this.
  10. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

There are times when, however necessary, truth hurts. ominus1, with his letter of 2015, has shown one such revelation.

ominus1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted