March of Dimes set is backordered to August?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rickmp, May 4, 2015.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Congrats to you too Craig, as I see your order has shipped as well. :)

I was very much impressed with the way I got in and out of the mints' site. Had I not forgotten to disable my tracking software sooner I may have completed the transaction even quicker. Still, out at 12:07 PM ain't all that bad.......:)

flyers10 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I got the "shipped" email later this afternoon. Maybe they'll show up by Friday?

4. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

My estimate is the 12th thru FedEx

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that the 75,000 mintage has now been increased to on demand mintage. It would not surprise me at all. As the announced mintage should of been a sell out the first day. So this hot potato needs to be flipped asap to realize any profit .

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I don't think theres any way they increased the mintage of the dimes. But I have been wrong in the past.

7. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

I ordered Monday at 10:05, got in an out pretty quick, later that day got confirmation of order emails.
    Late Tuesday, got the email that said
    ORDER SHIPPED!

8. billy b

billy b Active Member

WOW! what a racket. 25 dollars per coin to slab them,and you have to send all your sets.so that's 375 dollars. NOT I SAID THE SMART SHEEP,but i'am lmfao

9. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

They can't arbitrarily decide to simply mint to demand on things like these commems as the mintages are determined by an act of congress not by mint decision. Although the mint does admit to producing an amount over the stated mintage these are simply to deal with the issues of unsatisfied quality products or returns and replacements not to meet excess demand that may exist.

10. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Really? That's right we should sell them now, so we realize no more than what a 1996-w sells for.

11. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

You're thinking? What makes you think that?

12. Paddy54

Because I've been getting emails from the US Mint telling me the sets are available on back order. This tells me they plan to fulfill orders and it has not sold out.
    Over the last few years the mint has taken a lot of heat over site melt down, and quality.
    As a collector whom has purchased US mint items that were low mintage ,or in demand it seems strange that #1 this item has not sold out,#2 I'm getting emails daily telling me it's still available .
    I've never been contacted by the Mint before for a limited production item daily, since it went on sale.
    So you tell me? I did not order one.

13. billy b

billy b Active Member

You smell it too!!!! A PADDY.

14. Paddy54

Like I said I have no skin in this game. I would like to see other's whom want the set, do get the set for their collection .

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  15. Paddy54

Question how are the orders that were mailed in handled ?
    The reason I ask is not everyone uses a credit or debit card.I again have also received mailings from the mint with the ability to order by that form using a credit card, check,and money order. Is there a percentage set aside to fulfill customers needs whom don't use credit to purchase ?

16. There could be a TV show called "Mysteries of US Mint." No one knows for sure. My guess is that they have to set aside some for mail order.

C-B-D and Paddy54 like this.
  17. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

I think that they probably don't save any for mail orders these days, since some issues sell out so quick.

18. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I know a person that already received their coins today. That was fast!

19. green18

Tracking # says I'll get mine tomorrow. :)

20. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

WOW! The mint appears to have honed its business skills. Apparently they’re collecting data on who ordered and who didn't. I ordered and have not received any subsequent emails, other than they've been shipped.

21. green18

Actually, I think it's up to the Director of the Mint on this one. The set itself was a concoction of the US Mint, and bypassed Congress altogether. Yes they are not allowed to go past the mintage limits of the Roosy (MOD) dollar but they possibly could pull the rug from under us all with the other two coins in the set.........

Draft saved Draft deleted