Maple Leaf with ANA Privy

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by stoster38, Aug 4, 2015.

1. stoster38

stoster38 Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Price seems high

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

To me it's worth about $18.

spirityoda and Tater like this.
  5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

ditto

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Do they still come with the free milk spots?

Whipps, Tater and saltysam-1 like this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

But, but, but, but, there's only 5000 being minted. It's the coin of the century, decade, and minute rolled up all into one..........

dwhiz, Evan8 and stoster38 like this.
  8. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Nah it has to be reverse proof to qualify for coin of the century lol

dwhiz and stoster38 like this.
  9. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Price is outrageous, but if you hold on to it say, 20 years, I've done well with my Privy marks, but I never paid 80 CAD for one.

10. James O'Brien

James O'Brien Active Member

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I bought a special ANA coin while at one of their shows. "It seemed like a good idea at the time". How many times have you heard that said before? It can work against you just as easily. No one knows about it and even fewer care.

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And how many Scotches (bourbons?) were you into Sam? devil.gif

13. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I wish I was. I don't do stupid things when I drink. At least nothing I recall.-- There once was a girl from Denver. She was good but I can not remember. I paid her the fee, she left happily, and I think she is due in September. ....... That winter FUN show is really something. (Kidding of course.) Sorry Moderators. I'm glad my wife doesn't read this. I could be on divorce court. :>)

14. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Prices seem crazy, but the reflection coin is really a nice looking coin. It should be for a hundred dollar ounce of silver. image.jpg Why is the Canadian mint producing coins with a U.S. City name on it anyway? Seems really strange.

gronnh20 and spirityoda like this.
  15. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

$80.00 ? lol that's crazy high. no way ever would I pay that high $20.00 tops

16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Overpriced silver. I can buy 4 oz. for that price and still pocket a little cash. When silver goes back up, which it will if you're patient, I'll make 4 times my money. That's a much better deal.

17. I.L. McDougal

I.L. McDougal Active Member

Ugh. RCM-- what the hell happened to you? The devaluation of 'exclusivity'.... How soon before Mintages of 1?

18. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

If people are ready to part with thousands of dollars, just because a Cent has three little letters on it (1909-S VDB Vs. no-VDB), maybe this little Privy Mark on the Canadian Bullion will also mean thousands of Dollars in value?!?

Nah.... I don't really think so...

19. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I hear ya, I do the same. I will buy a commoner coin with a slight difference that means something to me.

The problem I see with these modern coins, and especially the Canadian mint, is the massive proliferation of new issues. I think the US mint, with maybe 1000 times the number of collectors, is doing it right by not going crazy with new issues. Its a lot, but nothing like what the Canadian mint is churning out for a country with just a tiny fraction of the population. I am viewing most of this new stuff to be like mint sets from the 70's in the future, way overproduced with very little demand.

stoster38 likes this.
  20. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

21. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Agreed!

Draft saved Draft deleted