Making a proof set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Basset hound, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Basset hound

Basset hound Member

I'm want to make my own 1964 proof. I know it's not a big deal .I could by one for $20.00. It a anniversary set for me. I was wondering about using a capital holder. Are they good for long storage. Could anyone recommend any thing for long storage display.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I have about a half dozen silver coins and a pewter medal that have been in Capital holders for over 20 years. I have no complaints. And they look good in the holders. :)

4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I like the capital holders for mint,proof and type sets. Buy the metal screws they are extra. Wizzard coin supplies has the best prices and shipping

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Capital holders look good and work good.

6. Basset hound

Basset hound Member

Thanks

That's what I will Try
    Always good input on this site

7. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

Wizard also has nice display boxes for certified coins that can hold up to five slabs laid out for display. I have built PCGS certified sets of 1965 SMS (my wife's birth year) and 1958 proofs (my birth year) that I eventually want to display in these.

8. Basset hound

Basset hound Member

I want
    I want do the same and display them.

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I would LOVE to make a birth year proof set, except that I was born in 1945.

10. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

My Dad always wanted one too. He was born in 1931.

Kentucky likes this.
  11. D-Train

D-Train proof coin enthusiast

I did this for my birth year, 1961, and the coins look great in the holder. I'm only worried about scratching the outside of the holder. Since then I've purchased several other Capital Plastics holders. The quality is top notch. They should keep the coins in perfect condition as they seem to be air tight.

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

be careful where you store them, as they are NOT air tight.

Capitol plastics holders may be one of my favorites as well, but if you store virtually any holder in a sulfur-rich environment, the coins will tone. Capitol plastics holders are no exception.

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted