Make your pick of your favotite offer!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 1953, Apr 28, 2020.

1. 1953

1953 Active Member

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

That website probably would have got my motor running when is was thirteen.... They market more drama that a girls dance class.

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of them before. As always, interesting advertising, but I can't get past the "unsearched" rolls.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Why so many newcomers here are upset when we give them the opinions on worth and say we are trying to cheat them. Jim

6. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

I remember when I first started collecting that there was a site similar to this one that I bought from many a time. I actually don't, and never did, regret buying from that site. I cannot even begin to remember the prices or products, but I remember it being fairer than everything else around, and never remember being disappointed with grab bags/mixed lots (though the rolls were always disappointing).

I filled up a good number of spots in my, then barren, Whitman folders that way, and there was something exciting about not knowing what you're getting. I know an S-VDB, 55 DDO, etc. won't be in there, but there was always a lower mintage D or S or two in there, a RPM or MD--they were just fun to sift through in the beginning, and my ex-wife can tell you I've always enjoyed the thrill of gambling.

Over time, once you start accumulating coins, there comes a point when those holes in your Whitman get whittled down, and there's no sense in paying so much for so many duplicates. I still even have some common date holes, but at one point I had plenty of 1947's and 1958's; I ended up giving the vast majority of duplicates away as freebies in coin sales, or just put them back into circulation, for someone else to get excited about.

I suppose I never thought I was getting a phenomenal deal, or getting something for nothing; but it's unfortunate, for like has been pointed out, many do.

The gold flake thing and the L@@K MERcuRY diME @@ the end of a SEALED UNSEArchEd WHEATYYIE R@LL, however, I'll just never understand.

green18 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted