Make your own albums?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hommer, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I have a set of coins (well over 100) that I would like to put in an album. None exist for this series so will have to make my own. Would like to do ever coin produced for a year together.

How many of you make your own? What type album do you make?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

I just use a 3 ring binder with plastic pages that hold 20 2x2s

torontokuba and MKent like this.
  4. Hommer

I've done that too but hate the way it looks. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Can't stand mixed in a line or empy holes.

5. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I assume, then, that they're all different diameters. Dansco sells blank albums and blank pages. In addition to pages for specific coin types, you can get them where the holes are all specific sizes, specified in mm. All holes on one page are the same size, but you can mix and match pages for the binder. They also sell pages that accommodate 2x2s. To get a feel for what's possible, browse http://www.danscoalbumstore.com for a while. There are probably also other album manufacturers that have similar products.

tommyc03 likes this.
  6. Hommer

Yes different diameters and some years not all denominations were produced. Then different mints, which didn't/did make them.

7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I did Dansco mm pages for my British Large Cent collection and then used the gold leaf transfers for the dates. Also used a Dansco album and album sleeve so everything looked nice and neat. I believe there is a German company that makes many albums that are not produced here but they are quite pricey. And after looking at the link that messydesk provided, check out Wizard Coin Supply for some nice discounts on the Dansco and all other albums. I have used Wizard and they are very reliable.

Draft saved Draft deleted