Major TPG Frustration !!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by mpcusa, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

No think about the guy that sent them in under the economy tier, three months later you get your notes back.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Simple solution (HIRE MORE HELP !!) to get the ( ORDERS OUT ON TIME !!)
    Promising a turn around time of 20 Days and yes thats what i paid for and taking twice as long or more is not an acceptable practice from my experience this seems
    to be business as usual :(

And there is a big difference between a few days and a few weeks or months !

4. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

First of all, I agree completely with you :angelic: and sympathize with your problems. :sorry: That is no way to run a business. That said:

:rolleyes: You still don't get it. There are two popular services for paper money. They control the business. You can use one or the other. So...Simpler solution...keep status quo, make more money, and IGNORE the complaints from the little guys.

TAKE IT, OR DON'T USE THE SERVICE because; ta, ta... :D

They don't give a rat's tail about you :jawdrop:, your notes :jawdrop: , your business :jawdrop:, and your complaints :jawdrop:. Welcome to the real world. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Tater and ldhair like this.
  5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I hate delays as much as the next guy and I am not saying it is good business, but turnaround times are estimates and all top TPGs are clear that it is just an estimated time. Bills are notoriously slow compared to coins.

Insider likes this.
  6. mpcusa

Well lots of little guys become big guys! i have several sets with PCGS and am in the process of moving everything to PMG, just getting way to frustrated with the way they do things, there is a thing called customer service treating people like they dont exist will eventually bite you in the butt !! my not today or tomorrow but soon

Insider likes this.
  7. mpcusa

If you look at the turn around times for both PCGS and PMG there are huge differences for instance at PMG there are no words like (APPROX, OR VARIES WITH DEMAND) those are words that basically mean will get to it when we feel like it :(

any note that i have turned in to PMG has come back as promised and on time but the
    Same cant be said about PCGS :(

Insider likes this.
  8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The PMG website has it in bold letters that grading times are approximate and not guaranteed.

https://www.pmgnotes.com/submit/services-fees/

9. mpcusa

it does say that on top, However out of the 80 or so notes that i have submitted to PMG not one has taken longer then advertised !

plus if your paying for a certain level, lets say 5 days thats $80 bucks and it takes
    20 whats the point ??

10. mpcusa

Day 44 has come and just about gone, will call again tomorrow this is really beginning to tick me off :(

11. Eaglefawn

Eaglefawn Active Member

Brother I'm glad you weren't holding your breath waiting for this to get graded good grief...maybe when you do next speak with someone you could ask them to refund your grading fee under the circumstances and if the person with whom you speak sez "So velly solly no can do" ask to speak with his/her Supervisor and keep going from there if the answer doesn't meet with your satisfaction.

Seems to me the 20 day, while not a guarantee (apparently) still should represent something, it's a matter of ethics at this point...I would think the owner might need to be made aware of just what's going on in his shop (or not going on) and the bad taste it's leaving.

My concern for you at this point is that you're so upset (understandably if I even need to say it:rage:) that by the time you do speak with someone in authority you're so angry...you'll blow up and the WAY you say it :punch:...will supercede WHAT you have to say, and that will be met with a resounding reactionary :eek:"NO". :jawdrop::inpain:

But if you can keep your cool when you finally get to someone with some clout, logic would dictate they'll want to keep your business, you said you've used them in the past and had no problems...surely they must agree this is beyond the beyond for "UN"timeliness. Is your client still willing to wait I hope?

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  12. mpcusa

Like i said in my previous posts this really would not be a huge deal as i have several top sets and most of the time i just submit economy as i dont plan on selling
    the notes after all there for my sets however this particular note is a cross grade
    from PMG and would be the highest at PCGS which would appeal to several collectors that i know, but there are know guarentees however im fairly confident
    it will grade out now if was a 100% i would have gone for the five day service but now based on what im going through now does that become the new 20 ?

13. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Sorry to hear that it is taking so long. I understand that their turnaround times are an estimate...but this is more than double the advertised time. One would think they would at least refund you the difference between their slow service and the 20 day service.

14. I'ma National fan

I'ma National fan New Member

My wait time for the monthly special was...8 months 15 days. Ima pass on the monthly special in future. No special notes, but I forgot what I even had.

15. mpcusa

Update:

Like is said it,s the squeaky wheel that gets the oil !! after many attempts i finally got a hold of someone at PCGS, i called this morning and was shocked when someone picked up the phone after about a 30 min conversation in which i went
    over some of my concerns, i was told that she was going to personally get it and put it on the graders table and that it would be finished by Friday, i will keep my fingers
    Crossed.

16. mpcusa

The best way to grade notes at least with PCGS is attend one of there shows as you get it back the next day, i think the show special is $30

Eaglefawn likes this.
  17. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Eaglefawn likes this.
  18. mpcusa

They do offer show specials, i was at the show in long beach last year and paid $30
    for each of the notes i had graded.

19. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

20. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

yeah, I hear they pack up the entire crew and take them to most shows.

21. mpcusa

Should have some info tomorrow :)

CamaroDMD likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted