Major TPG Frustration !!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by mpcusa, Nov 16, 2016.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

First of all, i have been submitting notes for years to both PCGS and PMG with very little
    Complaint and everything usually goes as planned, most of the time the notes our for my personal collection so there is never any real hurry, so i just use the economy submission and when ever they get to them is fine no rush.

However this time round i actually have a note that i plan on selling and it was submitted on 9/20, under the regular submission which is approx 20 business days
    (i love the word Approx) (By the way this note was submitted to PCGS) one of the
    Guide lines for grading length is all show dates do not count as part of the 20 days !!
    In my opinion this is B.S !! your telling me that the whole company goes to these shows
    And depending on the month there could be several days that dont count 7-10 days in some months, these grading companies make money hand over fist a little customer
    Service would be nice, have already called PCGS and left several messages with no reply :(

Eaglefawn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

The same ridiculous wait times were going on all through the spring and summer months on the coin side of PCGS as well. They simply don't care how upset their customers are. I had been wanting to do a submission to them, but I would like to have my coins back sometime this year. I know this in the paper money section, but they are the same company.

4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I sent some coins to pcgs for the first time ever, and they arrived Saturday. They still have not even been scanned into the system yet.

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's always been that way for me with both services. Sometimes it's fast and other times it's not. If I don't need it fast it shows up in record time.
    I can see how the shows really mess with things but it looks like yours is a few weeks late. If they received it on 9/20, your at about 56 days.

6. mpcusa

Maybe we should revolt..LOL, i come from a customer service back round and constantly treating them like trash will come back to bite you in the you know
    Where ! remember with you they dont exist maybe they should take that in to consideration.

Eaglefawn and Jwt708 like this.
  7. mpcusa

well you have to take in to consideration the holiday (Vetrans day) and the two shows thats another 5 days but i did submit them under there 20 day program, i will be calling them again tomorrow but guess what there,s another show this weekend :(

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

PCGS Coin and PCGS Currency are definitely NOT the same company.

Same name, different owners, different locations and separate companies.

I've used almost all of the TPG's, and as far as value, customer service/communications and wait times are a priority, my vote and notes would go to PMG.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  9. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

Two months ago,they would be updated within one day of being received. It took me two days to get into the system this time. Also the wait times are about a week longer then what they were. Probably about a 5 week wait now. They were pushing out 1 month wait times before the Baltimore show.

10. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

It finally showed as entering the system yesterday! Now the wait begins.

11. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Does anyone use CGA anymore?

12. Small Size

Small Size Active Member

I paid a guy $80 for an ounce of pot, and it turned out to be oregano.

scottishmoney and SteveInTampa like this.
  13. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

you know, I wish I could participate at this/your level of collecting but it is just too expensive for me. In seeing all the stuff you have posted and I can only imagine what it costs and how nice it is I find it hard to believe you would lodge a complaint. Its sort of like a pompous young lad who complains that his Porsche is the wrong color and goes to daddy saying its not fair.
    It seems like in the world we live in you get what you pay for. Why not pay the extra and get it faster? I may not be seeing the whole picture but why complain about something you have control over by paying the fees?
    Didn't I read something about a $2000.00 Bank Note you wanted to buy? Geeze, seems like money isn't the issue here after all.

SteveInTampa likes this.
  14. mpcusa

First of all, i have been built my collection over a 20 year period, am i rich far from
    But i do have a few dollars to spend on my hobby, if that,s a crime im guilty as charged !! everybody has there own economical and budgetary constraints as well as there level of participation some more then others, i have a passion for MPC and
    Currently have two top sets Series 661 and the 681 at PCGS however the guy that
    has the other 15 is an investment banker who sells items on his website in the Ten,s
    of thousands of dollars, im not even close to that ball park !! but im proud of what i have accomplished :)

As far as the complaint, no just frustrated with the process as my 20 business days has now turned in to 35, there is a show in Illinois this Thursday through Sunday so
    Im losing another two days so we will be at 37 and holding until Monday that,s unless they take the whole week off for Thanksgiving then that will bring me to 42
    Days which would be double and from a customer service stand point not acceptable
    In the least :(

As far as the fee schedule, Economy is $24 per note (Service time is when ever they get to it could be up to 90 business days, have gone this route with many notes in my personal collection as there is never a rush, however this time around i have a
    PMG note that im getting cross graded to PCGS and i plan on selling so i went with
    There regular submission which is $35 for 20 Day service, and i was happy with that time frame however im now at 37 days and not very happy :(

They do have an express service for $75 and over nite for $150 if i new the note would comeback with 100 Percent certain grade of 65 i would have done the express
    But there comes a point where you have to balance everything out, the bottom line

Eaglefawn and Jdiablo30 like this.
  15. mpcusa

Since e-bay recognizes only PCGS and PMG graded notes, you will only find those
    At actual money shows

16. Eaglefawn

Eaglefawn Active Member

Frankly, almost all Companies pay lip service to Customer Service...talk the talk but don't walk the walk...I think it's time to take a bite to be honest, and we should stop paying lip service and leave them.

I have found ANACS to be absolutely great in the Customer Service Dept. Yes they're slow to get your graded coins back to you when they have their spectacular specials and everyone "piles on"...but let me vouch for their alacrity and dispatch in returning emails when you ask a question...any question what-so-ever...and when you call...someone will actually take your call!!!

I didn't know if I wanted to use ANACS since so many seem to prefer PCGS & NGC and while my plan isn't buying to sell right away (and I have no negative thoughts about those who are buying to sell...If I had loot I would too!)...my thought process ran to "down the road" if my family should need to sell am I best serving them albiet ANACS is considered among the TOP 4 TPG's, still it seems NGC & PCGS are what is most generally seen on Ebay.

The fact is, the only way to make others change their practices & behavior is to change our own...this would say to me I'm thinking it's time to walk not talk.

In 2 or 3 years (if we get brave enough to act) I know it will either bring about change in their attitude, or they will merge before going under...not that I wish that on anyone candidly, yet some groups don't respond to customer needs until they get spanked...and then it's cryin' time!!! :jawdrop:

mpcusa likes this.
  17. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Same name, I believe they have different owners and are separate in a lot of ways from the CU board comments when this comes up.

18. Eaglefawn

Eaglefawn Active Member

His complaint is legit your analogy is not. He pays the requested fee for the level of service he is told by that very company he can expect to receive. He's only asking for...what they claim to provide...a 20 day turn around.

At the pump would you find it "fair" to pay for the Mid-grade gasoline yet only receive the Economy Grade...I think not...you rightfully expect to get the grade you pay for.

That's all mpcusa is asking for. Short of that, he has every right to question "WHY" he's not getting the service he's PAID for.

At the very least I'm sure you would agree someone owes him the respect of taking his call(s) and at this point...did I get that right 45 days in...expediting this transaction. I don't read the opening comment to indicate he submitted 10,000 notes for overnight grading...just one within 20 days.

A reasonable request based on the company's own parameters...so as you say, he should get what he's paid for!

That pompous young lad didn't work hard all his life to carefully husband away enough $$ to enjoy his hobby with careful oversight...quite a difference between the two.

Dynoking, harrync and mpcusa like this.
  19. mpcusa

Here, Here !!

To add some additional thoughts, i think we can agree that all TPG,S are cleaning up especially on the currency side since you only have PCGS and PMG as the only major currency graders with the millions of collectors out there lots of dollars are
    flowing in, i dont think its to much to ask for them to go a little above and beyond to
    Serve there customer base maybe have a a grader come in on a Saturday a couple
    Times a month or work a couple hours a week overtime just to get the notes
    Out in a timely fashion at least by the time promised, and i dont like the fact that Every time there is a show, the whole company has to go ! that just doesnt make much sense to me especially if there is a back log of notes that need to be graded
    I just called PCGS again and left another message....:(

To be fair, i have not had an issue with PMG every note that i have submitted to them has come as promised :)

20. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

PCGS updated my order on 10/31,had 3 crossovers,3 reslabs,5 classic grade and 6 modern. I am now only waiting for the moderns to get graded. Just at 3 weeks for most of my coins. Expect to have everything back by next week.

21. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

If you pay the money for fast turnaround you'll get it. 1,2,5 day's go out ON TIME virtually ALL THE TIME. They take priority. A pretty little birdie told me that many times coins that are ready to go out faster than the 3-6 week often quoted economy turnaround are held to encourage customers to use the faster tiers. :jawdrop: Complain all you want as it falls on deaf ears.:(

Draft saved Draft deleted