Major Burglary . . .

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ToughCOINS, Aug 10, 2021.

1. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

That's never going to happen. Too much overhead for the TPG's to manage.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It'll never happen nor should it. Nor would it change anything anyways. Its takes 2 seconds to make a receipt for something

4. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Bro sucks..

5. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

One would hope the TPG have software that when a submittal is imaged, compares that coin to others in their database? I am assuming that coins are for the most part, like fingerprints with no two alike?

cplradar likes this.
  6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The TPG's can't police this type of thing. They would have no way to know if the paperwork was real. If they did it would double the time it takes to have something graded.

7. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

Wow...that's one hell of a collection. Surely they must have broken into a safe. I would think one doesn't have that stuff just lying around for people to see. Maybe the coins aren't that important to the thief...just the gold value. Odds are, it has already been melted down and sold as gold bars.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

My first thought was being on a island, the thief(s) would melt it all down in hopes of being able to fence it in one lot. My second was; Did the guy have insurance? Some 'well to do' collectors may not. Third; if the second story; about a friend stealing them is true, and that guy is spending BIG now, he had some stupid friends and showing them his collection was just an invitation to be ripped off.

ldhair likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted