Major announcement just weeks away.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kirkuleez, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I’ve been working on this for months now and I can’t keep to myself any longer. I can’t give out all of the details yet, but I’ve teamed up with several high end collectors to form a trading service that will be a great improvement over current auction sites and it will be geared towards fairness and transparency for collectors. Our current inventory is valued in the tens of millions and features some of the finest rarities in numismatics; proof early gold, unique early proofs, complete MS and PR Morgan sets in top pop grades and much more. I hope that you are blown away with what you see and I am truly excited to be part of this endeavor.

I ask this of you, what do you like and dislike about online B/S/T of coins? I know my experience and a few others, but the only way that I can try to improve the experience is to ask for your help. This should be fun for us all. I also hope to be able to do something special for CT members, but haven’t worked out how to do that yet.

And my Saints won again. WHO DAT!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

We await with baited breath...sushi for lunch :)

4. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

BTW, we are ready to go, just working out the kinks in the site with the coding guys. I don’t have a clue how to do that stuff, so we are at their mercy to get it done. I’ll post some better images of some of the real rarities here soon, but for now, here’s some eye candy for you. 7D7F7658-35B0-4FF6-8B38-31E366F70D10.jpeg 02EABD94-3470-4902-9727-D6B97087461C.jpeg 34FDC5E8-AED8-41A8-BB09-2D7FF8E67182.jpeg 9F0AE01B-ACD2-4AAF-AC36-96903AF6F7BD.jpeg

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Wow, Kirk! You sure didn’t miss the final extra point!!!!!

Good luck on your new venture.

Randy Abercrombie and Kirkuleez like this.
  6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I’ll let you know when I’m going to see the other pieces if you want to join. You’d love to see this set.

7. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

PF69 for an 84 quarter... is that even possible???

Also would ancients be a part of this in the future?

8. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

That’s some nice eye candy! Are the coins offered going to be high end, bigger ticket items, or will there be some lower priced items as well?

MikeinWyo and Kirkuleez like this.
  9. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I even have THE PR-69 Morgan in the set. As for ancients, yes, possibly, hopefully, just not within the initial offerings to get it going. I, and my partners just don’t have adequate experience to do it right quite honestly. That doesn’t mean that we would discourage the trade of such pieces, we just don’t add any value to the exchange as of the launch. Key to me is fairness, so I’d like to confirm the authenticity of anything that the site would offer.

Jwt708 and Aidan_() like this.
  10. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Of course, the goal is to allow collectors of all types to trade fairly amongst themselves with a bit of oversight to make sure that everything is on the up and up. We’re not trying to corner the market with high rarities or anything, just trying to provide an avenue that is benificial to collectors in general. There will be a presence of the very high end though; I can’t afford those either, but they’re fun to see.

green18 and NSP like this.
  11. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Who would you say is your "competition"?

12. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

GC, EBAY, DLRC and others, but we are planning quite a different sort of platform.

Santinidollar and CoinCorgi like this.
  13. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

And my Pats! (And my Sox!)
    I’m just rubbing it in!;) Congrats on your project, and I’m excited to see it!

Garlicus and Kirkuleez like this.
  14. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I do happen to love the Sox. That was a brilliant stop on the one by the pats though. What do the have two losses already?

15. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Interest peaked, can't wait to see the site. Hopefully will be world coin friendly as well :)

Kirkuleez likes this.
  16. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Indeed, but we can’t do world like we want to as of launch and keep it fair. Future yes, I just want to be honest here. I’ve become a real big fan of Italian and French designs lately, really beautiful designs and the Japanese market is crazy now.

Numismat likes this.
  17. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I only posted this for your input, I need to understand the market and the real collectors, what is your opinion of internet trading?

Thanks mods for not shutting this thread down yet, I’m not trying for self promotion here, just trying to understand the real collectors and CT members represent a worldly collector base.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  18. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I think that internet trading is the future. I would have to be honest and say that photography is going to be the real difference. Since the image is really what will sell the coin and command premiums for PQ coins. :)

Vess1, green18, Charles REid and 2 others like this.
  19. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The internet market is huge and will continue to grow.

What I would like to see from a new venue is one that doesn’t try and gouge sellers or play games with what they show and have reasonable return periods for both sides. eBay chased off a lot of sellers with unreasonable return lengths for coins, pure auction houses other than the first tier of heritage, legend, stacks charge huge fees and some of those second tier services really provide little service for a seller and sell prices reflect that.

There definitely is a market for a place that doesn’t want to be greedy with fees where average collector level coins can be sold, just don’t fall into the trap of jacking up fees for more profit like some second tier places have done

20. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Kirkuleez likes this.
  21. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Perhaps when you get up and running see if coinweek coinworld and other media will do a review for you!

Kirkuleez likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted