Mailing Coins

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by centsdimes, Jul 4, 2012.

1. LindeDad

LindeDad His Walker.

Me 2....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Someday I want to check out the Paypal postage option, but I'm worried that by printing my own package it will somehow be wrong and it won't get delivered. Probably isn't really a concern, but I hesitate when trying things like that. I guess you need a scale also, which I don't have.

4. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I don't know what you are mailing so I have no idea about the scale. However, up to 3 oz. is $1.64. That pretty much covers several Lincolns in 2 X 2's or a slab. 2 slabs , I need 4oz. If you are mailing for eBay sales, they automatically put the address in for you. Any mistake is the buyers'. It is best if you have the self stick label, but I have received more than one who tapes a plane sheet to the envelope.

5. LindeDad

LindeDad His Walker.

Clear packing tape and plain paper printing and a pair of scissors have shipped out about 500 coins in bubble pack mailers this year so far.
    Edited to add all were slabs
    :smile

6. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Yep, me 3

7. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Me 4!

I bought 100 close to 3 years ago, and I still got 20 or so left. Very convenient and affordable.

8. Hiddendragon

When you say that you can mail up to 3 ounces for $1.64, is that the lowest rate they have? I generally charge 75 cents to ship one coin and 25 cents per additional item. I do my best to offer cheap shipping so I wouldn't want to pay $1.64 for something that should cost 45 cents.

9. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

eBay wants confirmation and sellers of most reasonably expensive coins want confirmation. However, the PO does not offer confirmation for ordinary first class mail.

10. Hiddendragon

I know eBay wants confirmation but I just decided to accept that I won't be a top-rated seller and move on. I'm not selling expensive coins, so the people who buy from me seem happy to save the money. If they Paypal postage option was easy and a good price though I was considering it so I could be a top seller after all.

Draft saved Draft deleted