Magnification ..what do you use?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Clavdivs, Nov 17, 2019.

1. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Nice! You were wearing steampunk goggles before it was a 'thing' :cool:

Steampunk-Mad-Scientist-Goggles-1.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

4639768C-FA4A-4B7F-B4CF-954B5D846E5D.jpeg I am a member of a low vision support group since I am nearly blind in one eye and can’t see out of the other. Actually I’m not that bad off but I am legally blind in one eye and have issues with the other and regularly receive injections in both eyes. Happily the group occasionally receives equipment from various manufacturers for the visually challenged and none of the other people seem to want them. So I have been given 2 magnifiers like you see here as well as a Google Home. The other magnifier is even larger than this one but I like this one. Magnification is up to 20X. These babies cost about $3700 for this one and $5800 for the other. There are still issues at the higher magnifications but hey, the price was right.

Clavdivs and Theodosius like this.
  4. Micro scope yeah just got one ! I had a 1945 Mercury with FSB {MS63/4 my guess} however with the micro scope I see the centre band is not truly full . It also showed a small 1 next to the cop mark on a mexican balance scales peso . The coins are in my gallery on this site .

5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Holly crap

6. Cheech9712

A 10 loope and squint

7. Cheech9712

Wishi had a computer. But then again. How would i turn it on?

8. Cheech9712

My remote kicks my butt daily

9. Cheech9712

Why is it when you go to higher magnifiers. The lens is so much smaller.

Draft saved Draft deleted