Made a Collage of my Irish Shilling Collection! What do y'all think?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Clio, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Clio

Clio Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Gorgeous!

Clio likes this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

+1

5. Paddy54

Now that ive got a moment to reply ....wow nice set of Irish eye candy....one can tell you put alot of work into the set.

6. Clio

Clio Well-Known Member

Thanks! It truly has been a lot of work and the work is still not done! I hopefully will find my last upgrade at some point and be able to call it done. The 1937 is unfortunately a cleaned example. They are not easy to come across in MS.

7. Paddy54

Yes this is one Irish coin that isn't in my world coin collection. And I would love one...I do have one coin from ireland that was given to me by a member some 10 years ago. @davemac
    He has not posted here in years, he and his family live in Moate . A 1939 circulated half crown.
    This coin will be apart of my collection as long as I breath.
    A funny side story....back in 2006 I worked for the Irish Dairy board aka Kerrygold.
    Out Kerrygold rep. Was a young lady from yep Moate! She knew Dave and the entire clan...as she worked the local pub....before Kerrygold.
    The look on her face..when I started talking about a bar fly from back home...as well even knowing what Moate was or where it was.....small world.

Clio and Seattlite86 like this.
  8. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Very nice eye appeal, well done. Congratulations and thank you for posting your work. Be safe and Happy Holidays.

Clio likes this.
  9. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Although, truth be told, I think that the design on the florin is just a tad more visually appealing :)

10. Clio

Clio Well-Known Member

Heretic

Draft saved Draft deleted