Macro Lense for Iphone

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by DJP7x0s, Apr 1, 2013.

1. DJP7x0s

DJP7x0s Sometimes Coins Arouse Me

I have to say, I am very impressed with the picture quality of my iPhone. But I ordered a macro lense that attaches to my iPhone. I paid $6.99 for the lense and this is the first picture I took. What do you think???

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. admrose

admrose Member

Looks better then what I can do with my iphone shooting through my 20x loupe...where'd you get it and what's it called? Me want!

Attached Files:

4. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

That's actually pretty awesome. Where did you get the lense?

5. CBJesse

CBJesse Capped Bust Fanactic

I agree, very nice for a phone.

6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I'm not sure if today's date might not have something to do with it. :) It's that $6.99 price that makes me wonder, not so much the technology.

7. DJP7x0s

Item #111023593076 on eBay. It cost me $6.99 free shipping and it came fast. I ordered it Saturday from California and here it is in Rhode Island by Monday. And I am very impressed. I can't manage pictures half as nice with my digital camera on a tripod and a delay on the timer. Now I want a tripod for my phone. Screw that camera

8. admrose

admrose Member

Just bought me one!

9. DJP7x0s

Nope, not a joke. I paid $6.99 and Im very impressed. I was anticipating junk but thought it was cheap enough to try it out and Im very impressed.

10. DJP7x0s

Ok, if you guys are ordering one for yourself, Im finding that I get better pictures with the wide angle lense only. I took the macro lense off. They screw together. But Im getting better results with just the wide angle lense

11. DJP7x0s

I hope you will share the new picture of your D/D once the lense comes in. Try the wide angle lense only. Have you camera zoomed right in and take the picture from about 2 inches

12. admrose

admrose Member

Most certainly.

13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It appears to take pretty nice images, but I'm curious. How does the lens (no "e" at the end) attach to the phone?

Chris

14. cremebrule

cremebrule Active Member

Just order myself one -- can't wait to get it! (Thanks for the link!)

15. cremebrule

cremebrule Active Member

I'm guessing magnets; after looking at the pictures the seller posted.

16. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Fair enough.

17. DJP7x0s

It comes with thin metal rings that have adhesive under paper. Peel the paper and stick the ring in place and then it's magnets from there. I usually keep my phone in an Otter Box and the ring does not affect putting the case back on.

18. Kip

Kip Member

Have you peeled the ring off tp see if there is any residue left? That might be a deal breaker for me.

19. DJP7x0s

I originally put the wrong ring on and yes I peeled that one off to put the right ring on. Residue wasn't bad and Im certain some acetone would dissolve and glue residue if there was any. When I put the wrong ring on, it was a solid ring and the other ring has a clip out of the edge so you don't cover the flash. I wouldn't worry about residue. Acetone dissolves glue and for the sake of cleaning glue off your phone, a mild acetone such as nail polish remover would be sufficient

20. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I would use isopropyl alcohol to clean residue off your phone...acetone has a tendency to melt some plastics like hot butter...and I don't think I'd put that anywhere near an iPhone I wanted to keep...

21. Neomas

Neomas New Member

What picture?

Draft saved Draft deleted