Ludicrous eBay Listing - Sold.. the buyer will regret it big time!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by paddyman98, May 14, 2024 at 3:53 PM.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hello everyone,
    We were following this obvious altered Cent on @JCro57 Facebook page on Mint Errors. Some members and even I messaged the seller to inform them that the item in question was not a mint error of any kind.. it sold earlier today for over $400.00
    :facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::sour:.. 21 Bids :bored:

Screenshot_20240514-093700.png

It's a vise job!
    Edit* It was not an item for sale by Joseph Cronin. Someone misunderstood my post.

Last edited: May 14, 2024 at 8:00 PM
    71Avalon, dwhiz, Neal and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

It's a crying shame. 1532319-3e00c060fee1126062890dadf5456f8e.jpg

71Avalon, dwhiz and paddyman98 like this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Let's hope it was a knowledgeable "buyer" who will set the seller straight.

71Avalon and paddyman98 like this.
  5. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

6. J-Man

J-Man Junior Member

Looking up the listing I see nine people dodged a bullet and canceled their bids during the auction. Four or five lined up to jump off the cliff

71Avalon likes this.
  7. 71Avalon

71Avalon Well-Known Member

What's sad is I occasionally try to inform ebay of misleading items like this and they almost never take them down. I even go into detail about what exactly the issue is, hoping to save someone somewhere from getting ripped off and they don't care! :banghead: This is disgusting behavior on ebay's part. Money over honesty is what ebay is about I guess. :(

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ebay does give 30 days for the recipient to decide about the coin after it is received
    and they can return it for full refund,

I have done this for several coins over $300. I think they do not want the responsibility to decide and leave it up to the buyer to research and decide. It is not their coin , they are just the middle man,

Draft saved Draft deleted