lucky...unlucky

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Michael Anderson, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Man I'm finding cool errors but none are good enough to grade and I'm not sure if there good enough to sell smh.. I put a lot of time in this in the few months I've been doing this and I'm trying to stay motivated

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

First you need to educate yourself about Mint errors
    Here is a website I want to share with you - http://www.error-ref.com/
    Mike Diamond is the Senior Editor and Fred Weinberg is the Consulting Editor for this website, and both members of CoinTalk

eddiespin and ddddd like this.
  4. paddyman98

5. paddyman98

6. paddyman98

spirityoda likes this.
  7. paddyman98

It takes patience buddy... I have been into Mint errors for 31 years!
    Don't give up

Michael Anderson and ddddd like this.
  8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm grumpy tonight Michael, so please take this in the spirit intended..........post some bloody pics and let us 'have at it' for a spell or two.

BlackBeard_Thatch and ddddd like this.
  9. ddddd

ddddd Member

If you're finding cool errors, that's already great. You don't need to be looking for items to grade. Many errors do not need to be slabbed anyways (unless it is something expensive). Plus, you might find something when you are least expecting it, so don't give up yet.

Michael Anderson and eric6794 like this.
  10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

They see a scratch and they think it's an error. That's the problem when their first acquaintanceship with coin collecting is looking for errors. They're coming in here like they're Sir Galahad in quest of the Holy Grail. This place is inundated with these Knights of the Roundtable, now. Oooh, but they're being introduced to the hobby! Baloney they are.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I saw Fred 2 Las Vegas coin shows ago. It was a pleasure to meet him in person. what an honor.

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Boy, even after 31 years of collecting/gaining experience, in this photo its very obvious who the collector is and who the hotshot expert is!! :troll::troll::troll:
    You look like you are gonna go home and checkmark a box on your bucket list !!!:troll:

spirityoda and paddyman98 like this.
  13. I have four wounded eagles and an 82 no fg for an examplewwell I know the wounded eagles will but I guess I'm looking for that gem but I just gotta hang in there
    #Eddiespin

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  14. I can post my wounded eagles wen I get home...( at work right now)

15. Nice scratches right

Attached Files:

gronnh20 likes this.
  16. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

IMG_20170727_144014.jpg

Well, I know what that is, it's the eagle's left foot. A lot of people get that mixed up with the eagle's right foot because it's on our (that is to say, the viewer's) right side, so don't feel bad...you're not the only one.

17. Lol...how long u been doing this...I'm new and I already put a lot of info in my memory to at least know this (right side bud)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  18. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

@Michael Anderson , if errors is the only genre of coins you are interested in, I would suggest picking up something else to complement it. Just CHR'ing for erros I think will drive most folks batty.

I'm working on 3 series, and I also periodically do some CRH'ing and pocket change hunting as a side. All of those keep me busy, and interested.

19. My original post was just basically saying how I found these sweet errors but they was not in good condition the thread title ( lucky unlucky) but I do have a bunch of coins I have collected lots of Penny's n dimes ect.

20. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Count your blessings; at least you're finding errors. :)

Your work will have its' reward. Finding these things in poor coins sharpens your skills, enabling you to find them in lesser-quality images of better coins, for instance.

Michael Anderson likes this.
  21. It is fun and exciting when these are found your right I just need to keep the search going

Draft saved Draft deleted