Lucky find

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by t.j, Oct 16, 2019.

1. t.j

t.j New Member

Today I decided on a whim to goto the bank and buy some rolls. I usually don't goto the bank nor buy rolls. I purchased 1 roll of halves and 4 rolls of quarters. Nothing in the halves and nothing in the 3 rolls of quarters. I get to the last roll and 3 coins left in the roll and BOOM there it is 2019 w American Memorial Park. Happy as a kid in a candy factory with a new puppy, and trying not to print it up searching for somewhere safe to put it. I want to get this graded, is there a better than the other grading company? Is there a minimum number of coins that need to sent in? Does anyone know the cost to get one coin graded?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DatDareNickelGuy

DatDareNickelGuy Well-Known Member

Definitely a great find!

4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Nice find. It would probably cost less to buy one already graded. By the time you pay the grading fee, postage (both ways), insurance, etc.. To submit a coin you have to be a member of PCGS or NGC, (not sure of ANACS or ICG), which is a little expensive to join. If you know of a dealer you can ask him/her to submit it for you. I'm sure there will be a fee for that.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

By the time you factor in all the fees and shipping and insurance both ways, as a general rule of thumb, I figure about 50 bucks/coin for a standard submission to PCGS or NGC. (Sure, with the Economy tier, you might come out a bit less than that, but it's a general rule of thumb.)

If you join the PCGS Collectors Club at the Gold level, it comes with four grading vouchers. They put a $40 value on each of those vouchers.

ANACS is cheaper. Dunno about ICG. I've never submitted to them.

6. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Why don't you post pictures of your coin here first for our opinions of the grade and if it's woth getting graded?

Kevin Mader likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted