Low serial?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by UnCommonCents, Jan 24, 2016.

1. UnCommonCents

UnCommonCents Variety Collector

Got these notes today at a flea market. The pictures really make the ten seem a bit transparent.. hope it's real. Is three zeros common for these? Not many on the Bay whigh is how I would normally judge this. 20160124_150031.jpg 20160124_150247.jpg what are they really worth?..

Twobit likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

$10 and $1........but I don't collect these types of things. Lord knows how much 'mad money' I throw away in everyday transactions.......

4. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

The 'paper' used in currency from the 1930's and 40's is different than the paper stock used in newer notes. Notes from this era are characteristically thinner and shinier than notes from other decades. This often causes bank tellers and cashiers to think such notes are fake when they turn up (it doesn't help that the counterfeit pen doesn't work on them, either). I'm not sure about current values for your notes but I'd say your $10 note is quite authentic and looks to be a nice acquisition. I think you also did well on the two silver certificates.

UnCommonCents and Twobit like this.
  5. Twobit

Twobit Active Member

I agree with NOS and a quick ebay scan shows only one high grade
    1934 A Boston A-B block that appears to be very expensive.
    Buy I will wait for the paper experts to learn more.@luckybucks seems to have a pretty good handle on these type notes.

Nice looking note

UnCommonCents likes this.
  6. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

I like the 1957 Silver Certificate with Z/A number are cool, wish it didn't have the penciled in X on the left.

UnCommonCents likes this.
  7. UnCommonCents

UnCommonCents Variety Collector

Yes, it's a shame.. Wonder if I should try to erase it?

Draft saved Draft deleted