Lots of NEWPS! Copper and Silver!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tmoneyeagles, Nov 27, 2009.

1. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Tons of new Liberty Dollar purchases! I went a little crazy! :D
    I only have three duplicates out of all of these, and they are the coppers. The 2009 Freedom Tea Dollar, the 2008 Give Peace a Chance, and the 2009 Peace (Without Hallmark).
    Any comments and questions are always accepted, and I will try to answer to the best of my ability.
    Well, tell me what you think of em'

The Coppers:

2007 $1 Copper Liberty (The First Copper Dollar!)
    [​IMG]

2008 $1 Give Peace A Chance (Already had one of these, but always nice to get another!)
    [​IMG]

2008 $1 Vote For The Truth (Error)
    [​IMG]

2008 $1 Vote For The Truth (Error) (Hallmarked)
    [​IMG]

EDITED

2009 $1 Peace (No Hallmark)
    [​IMG]

2009 $1 Peace (Hallmarked)
    [​IMG]

2009 $1 Freedom Dollar (Tea Party) (Already had one, but always nice to get another, especially one in better condition!)
    [​IMG]

The Silver:

2003 $1 One-Twentieth Ounce Silver Liberty
    [​IMG]

2006 $5 Quarter-Ounce Silver Liberty
    [​IMG]

2008 $10 Tenth Anniversary One-Fifth Ounce Silver Liberty
    [​IMG]

2009 $20 One Ounce Peace (Hallmarked) MY FAVORITE! :D
    [​IMG]

2009 $20 One Ounce Torch-Back Peace
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stainless

stainless ANTONINIVS

Nice coins T$! I take it you are trying for an entire set?

BTW: I see 2003..I thought these started in 2007? or was that just the Norfeds?

stainless

4. tmoneyeagles

The 2007 was the first year of the copper dollars.
    Everything shown here is all Liberty Dollar, which I believe started in 2003.
    Norfed Started in 1998, and ended in 2003.

An entire set, would be hard and very difficult to complete! There are just too many versions, errors, types, varieties, years, etc. And it would get pretty costly.

5. Penny Fanatic

Penny Fanatic Seated Half Collector

Cool! Where do you get the copper dollars?

6. tmoneyeagles

Got them from a friend at prices that can't be beat :rolleyes:
    BUT, you can always find them on eBay

7. tmoneyeagles

To add on to what I originally said...

The copper dollars usually go around $3-$8 each, depends on which year, and if it is hallmarked. Usually you won't find hallmarked ones on eBay.

Here are two great sellers of the Liberty and Norfed Dollars, they may be a little pricey, but you know you are always dealing with the best ;)

http://stores.ebay.com/aunties-closet5830?_rdc=1
    http://stores.ebay.com/Dave-Gillies-Silver-Liberty-norfed?_rdc=1

8. krispy

krispy krispy

That's quite a display of your collection of these. I've seen these designs before and quite like the obverse designs but I don't own any of them. Some of your coppers look marked and one seems to have a rim hit, were these somehow 'circulated' at one point?

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Darn anarchists......:) Only kidding T$. Nice grouping.

10. tmoneyeagles

Could have been circulated, although I doubt it :rolleyes:
    It could have been improper handling of them...The coppers are always really "rough" coins, they are banged a bit, and have some hits.
    I picked up some nice ones, especially the ones with the hallmarks. The 2009 Tea Party Dollar is the nicest one of the whole copper series. The 2008's, Give Peace A Chance, and Liberty and Ron Paul Vote For The Truth would be next in line for the most attractive. The 2007 would be third, and dead last is the 2009 Peace. I like the design, and have to have them for the set, but the coins themselves are but ugly! The were struck so poorly to keep the price low in 2009.

Now when you get into the silver, gold, or platinum coins...Not a single mark on them, unless they have been circulated, and thrown around.
    My 2009 Peace with the Hallmark is a perfect example of what they should look like, as a perfect coin...Now it would really be perfection without those two little spots.

11. tmoneyeagles

Thank ya'
    Only hope I can get some new ones in a little later on... Next on the list, might be a nice Ron Paul Silver piece or a Panama Libertad Silver One-Ounce piece. :)

12. WLhalves

WLhalves Member

A little crazy, is that anything like being a little pregnant? LOL T$ some real nice coins this set seems to be growing over night. Keep up the good work. Also the pictures are very good.

13. tmoneyeagles

So what, are you saying I'm full blown crazy? :D
    Thanks WLhalves, working real hard on all aspects of the collection, and even the pics!

14. Lugia

Lugia ye olde UScoin enthusiast

dont like the coppers too much but the silvers would be a great idea.

15. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Yayyyyyy T.....keep up the fight for freedom in America !!!! I got this one from our little friend. Traci :pencil:

Attached Files:

16. tmoneyeagles

Why don't you like the coppers? Design? or What?

Nice 09' Torch-Back! It looks like a great strike, almost proof-like! WAY TO GO!

17. Lugia

18. islandhammer

islandhammer Wheat Cent Hoarder

That's why it (copper) has value as a metal.

19. tmoneyeagles

So do the silver ones look cheezy as well? EDITED Because the obverse, of the coppers and silvers are the same EDITED And most of the reverses are the same as well.
    EDITED
    Also, it cannot be "coinage" as it is not a coin, it can't be a coin. The definition of coin; a piece of metal stamped and issued by the authority of a government for use as money.

20. krispy

krispy krispy

Doh! You got REDITED!

21. Lugia

youre confusing the federal reserve with the government. 2 completely different objects. anyway the designs arent great like most of whats minted today but id rather be using coins made out of silver than copper nickle or zinc.

Draft saved Draft deleted