Lot of ICG Error Coins

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by scotts1, Sep 13, 2014.

1. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

I've already posted pictures of these in the "newest acquisitions" thread, but I thought I'd also put them here to get your opinions on them. I'd also appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of what these are worth. Thanks :)
    broadstrike.jpg

clash.jpg

clip.jpg

lamination.jpg

struck thru 2.jpg

struck thru.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

The struck throughs generally don't command a very strong premium, and unfortunately the errors you have that are more valuable (such as the broadstrike) are details coins which would bring down the value. I'd say that the best one in terms of value here would be the last struck-through nickel because it is on the more major side of struck through errors.

4. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

Nice set of coins! I Like ICG for the price.. Here is mine...Picture sucks but it is CAM.. SAM_0151.JPG

scotts1 likes this.
  5. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

I like them all, but I am not sure the 1946-S is a clash. I've found a ton of '46-S Lincolns that show PIDT (progressive indirect design transfer). It resembles a clash, but no evidence shows on the obverse. The folks at ICG know more than me, but I swear "ghosting" is what it looks like to me. Either way they are all nice looking errors. I'd love to own the '45-S. Here's a link to PIDT:

http://www.error-ref.com/progressive-indirect-design-transfer/

silentnviolent and non_cents like this.
  6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If they're "new acquisitions" and you're asking how much they're worth, may I ask why (or for what purpose) you purchased them? Are they coins that you'll enjoy owning or....?

7. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

They are worth what you paid.... right?

8. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

I collect for fun and didn't buy these to resell. I was just wondering how I did (I paid $30 for all 6, or $5 each).

jwitten and Ethan like this.
  9. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

Nice Haul!

scotts1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted