Lost lost MATTE PROOF?!?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hunting Rare, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

Notwithstanding the possibility that the OP is sincere and ever hopeful, does it occur to anyone that all of us might be the subject of trolling? He does seem to generate some lively responses.

non_cents and wxcoin like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

I always like exploring the "what if's" of things. Now we all, other than Hunting Rare, know full well that Hunting Rare himself has a better chance of hitting this Saturday night's Powerball jackpot than he does of his canker sore of an '09 Lincoln cent ever being graded as a Proof. But what if it did garner his predicted proof grade? If Hunting Rare can produce proof to us that his coin is indeed a proof, then I think that's it's only right that all of us here who teased him pledge an item or two of value to Hunting Rare as payback for misjudging both he and his coin. If he provides proof, I'll give him a $100 McDonald's gift certificate and a PCGS graded MS66RD 1919 Lincoln cent. # 2515 66/6474473.

Hunting Rare likes this.
  4. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I already said that I'd eat a bug. The fact that the OP keeps egging on everyone tells me that he's just trolling. I enjoy the lively banter.

5. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

If you wind up eating a bug, you must post a video. And I would like to see a poll as to the type of bug to be eaten. I think a Madagascar cockroach would be ideal.

[​IMG]

6. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

I think Publius' Madagascar cockroach has a better chance of being graded as a Proof by PCGS than Hunting Rare's '09. It's actually not a bad looking cockroach as far as cockroaches go.......MS60RB maybe.

wxcoin likes this.
  7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Nope, @Hunting Rare asks for the ribbing. I mean hey how many times has the guy deflected instead of posting photos to be educated. I would say the education is more of a value than a measly coin or two.

8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

That's a two-bite bug...

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  9. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Nah, it's just a small, dirty hand.

Quite a lot of dirty hand pics in this thread to be honest:yack:

Hunting Rare likes this.
  10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Dang, I'm getting old...thought that was another thread...

Evan8 likes this.
  11. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I think I'm safe since the odds are that nothing will come of this post. If I lose then I'll lube my throat with a bottle of scotch first.

12. Hunting Rare

Hunting Rare Active Member

When this gets slabbed by ANACS as a PR50 Matte Proof, I want my $100 gift card, my 1919 MS66RD graded Lincoln Cent, and multiple apologies. Whoever claims they're going to eat a bug....well good luck with that.

Let me try to get a halfway decent photo of the coin after acetone soak.....

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  13. Hunting Rare

After acetone soak and q-tip restoration job, in natural sunlight, no editing...

IMG_6809.jpg

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

And you still haven't sent it off?

Hunting Rare likes this.
  15. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

You still messing around with that coin? It could have been in the hands of ANACS for a week now.

Hunting Rare and Oldhoopster like this.
  16. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Looks even more like a business strike than before.
    And now it may come back details.

17. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Can you post some clear pictures of the die markers. All so far have been kind of blurry and pixelated.

robec likes this.
  18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Why can't you just post proper images? The angle shots are worthless.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  19. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Nice woody on the table top at least...

wxcoin likes this.
  20. Hunting Rare

The matte finish on the rim is now very noticeable, and the shine on the edges is now super bright and shiny. Also after the coin was soaked I seen it had the final indicator of a matte proof in L.D.S., and that's the diagonal marking coming off the "G" of "GOD" to the coin's rim on the obverse.

21. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Doesn't this guy kind of remind you of that Bob's Tavern arm guy?
    what were his other alias's @paddyman98

paddyman98 and -jeffB like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted