LordM's Introductory Giveaway

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

No problem, I reported myself for other opinions. It seemed to lack structure of a numismatic contest in my interpretation. Jim

Cascade and Kentucky like this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Huh? I don't get it. What you said made sense to me. It seems that all the OP needs to do is tweak his requirements a bit.

Chris

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Kentucky

One of the things that has been pointed out in the past about CT is the fact that it is left to Moderators to interpret the rules. That seems to enrage some anal retentive types (not naming any names or I would have to include myself sometimes) but I will always go along with the decision of the moderators even while disagreeing. You guys do a really good job...where is that kissy emoticon...

Stevearino likes this.
  6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

The contest, now minus the lottery tickets, is fine as it is.

Stevearino likes this.
  7. Kentucky

Thank you Judge Judy

Insider, KoinJester and Smojo like this.
  8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I prefer Marilyn Milian!

Chris

Kentucky likes this.
  9. chuck123

chuck123 Active Member

Hi, I collect numerous types of coins but still like my Lincolns. I am still going through bags I got in the 50's.

10. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

OK, forget the lotto tickets. Sorry.

I might add another numismatic prize or two later.

11. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

12. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

You will know me from CU, have traded with you an' got some shark snags for the ankle nippers twa.

I collect everything that catches my eye. What more can I say?

13. Coinlover67

Coinlover67 Well-Known Member

Hello, got into collecting originally with the state quarter series and advanced from there.

Sent from my A463BG using Tapatalk

14. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Hey LordM, I've been lurking a bit over here too. Today I was peeking to see which was your entry into the Gladiator contest. Totally guessed wrong :D.

15. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

well, this is still open, so I'll go next.

I started collecting about 1960, from change like everyone at the time.

I do remember when a classmate, in junior high school found a 1909 S VDB in a classmate's change! And, nope, I never did.
    I can remember not saving all of those 09' VDB's for other coins that I needed. Why save them? I had collected about 20 of them from change, no big deals there.

The I started Buffalo nickels from change, until I found the Nic-A-Date. I finished the collection in no time, and the it was boring, so I got rid of them, too easy.

I did get a Barber quarter on my paper route, I'll never know if the lady gave it to me intentionally, I remember looking back at her and she was watching me walk back to my bike.

My parents had bought me a Lincoln cent album for a gift, and the very first time that I could check my mother's 'penny' box I found a 1909 Indian head cent, I thought they were common. Years later I realized that they were scarce in change.

Thanks for the contest

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. JoeB.

JoeB. New Member

Hi,
    I've been collecting since the early 80's, off and on.
    Full time since disability in 2006.
    I've gone through many different collecting favorites, but classic commemoratives are mainly what keeps my interests.
    Joe

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

Thanks for the story. It dates you somewhat, but I see you're only 15 years older than me, so the finds of your childhood are all the more impressive to me.

Like clad coinage, I was born in 1965, so have no memory of regularly circulating silver.

I started my numismatic adventure on Thanksgiving day of 1976, when I was not quite 11 years old. I found a 1936 dime in my grandmother's sideboard while setting the table for the upcoming feast. A forty year old coin seemed ancient to me then, but now I'm approaching the 40th anniversary of that day!

I still have that coin, and one other from my childhood (an 1827 Bust half I got for my 12th birthday).

I'll fire up the random number generator and let it select the winner sometime after midnight tonight (Thursday night/early Friday morning Eastern US time). Until then, last-minute entries are welcome.

18. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

OK, I can say "hi" and get in on this one, unless I am too late? I collect mainly VOC coins (Dutch East India Company), British Empire coins, Dutch silver, US coins of all types and any big silver dollar type coins from around the world.

19. lordmarcovan

coin_nut, you're in.

I will now go do the drawing...

20. lordmarcovan

The random number generator at random.org says Post #25 is the winner, and that is... GDJMSP! LOL!

Actually, the first number drawn was #19, which was Kentucky, but since that was Kentucky's second post, I disqualified it and drew again. Had the number been #18 (Kentucky's first post), that would've been a fair-and-square win for Kentucky.

@GDJMSP - if you want the elongated Indian cent, it is yours by right of the random draw. If you'd rather I give it to Kentucky or draw another number, though, just LMK.

21. chuck123

chuck123 Active Member

Thanks for the giveaway. It was an interesting idea and came up with some fun and interesting stories. Great job

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.