Lordmarcovan: My United States coin collection as of 20 September 2026

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by lordmarcovan, Aug 24, 2026.

  1. lordmarcovan

    lordmarcovan Eclectic numismatist Moderator

    Miscellaneous

    [this space reserved for later additions that don't fit the categories above]
     
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2026
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

    lordmarcovan Eclectic numismatist Moderator

    It has been only six weeks since I posted my last update thread for this collection, but I've added some new stuff since then, and with this update to the US collection I have abandoned the old chronological sorting that I still use in my Ancient & Medieval and World Coins collections. So this update is a bit of a reorganization as well.

    These US coins here are now listed in the more traditional sorting by type and denomination, which is probably easier for most US coin collectors to follow.

    It also makes it easier for me to figure out what I'm lacking for a basic type set, since I've recently decided to do that again instead of having a motley accumulation.
     
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2026
    Clawcoins and SensibleSal66 like this.
  4. Mr.Q

    Mr.Q Well-Known Member

    Wow, all are very nice indeed.
     
    SensibleSal66 and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

    lordmarcovan Eclectic numismatist Moderator

    Laid out this way, I can certainly tell I’ve got a lot of work to do to whip this up into a proper type set. As of this post, I’m still missing a lot of 20th century types that I wasn’t focused on before. Steel cent… Jefferson nickel… Roosevelt dime… Ike dollar… and more.

    And still plenty of 19th century types. I’ll prioritize the 2-cent piece.

    Happily, I acquired all the gold I’ll need when gold bullion prices were about half what they are now.
     
    SensibleSal66 and The Meat man like this.
  6. CoinCorgi

    CoinCorgi Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

    Franklin half?
     
    SensibleSal66 and lordmarcovan like this.
  7. CoinCorgi

    CoinCorgi Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

    Oh, nice coins, btw!
     
    SensibleSal66 and lordmarcovan like this.
  8. lordmarcovan

    lordmarcovan Eclectic numismatist Moderator

    Yep. Another for the “to do” list, when funds allow. I want a DCAM proof for that.
     
    SensibleSal66 and CoinCorgi like this.
  9. mark_h

    mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

    Very nice collection - one big like for it.
     
    SensibleSal66 and lordmarcovan like this.
  10. The Meat man

    The Meat man Supporter! Supporter

    Super nice and comprehensive collection!
     
    lordmarcovan and SensibleSal66 like this.
  11. micbraun

    micbraun coindiccted Supporter

    Rob, superb coins and excellent pictures. Really nice set. As a Bust half aficionado (or simply “bust half nut”) I have to recommend upgrading your early half dollar though :-D
     
    SensibleSal66 likes this.
  12. Tall Paul

    Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

    Very nice. Thank you for sharing.
     
    lordmarcovan and SensibleSal66 like this.
  13. lordmarcovan

    lordmarcovan Eclectic numismatist Moderator

    Yes, I need to, though I do like the one I have. I like the current XF40 a little more than the AU53 I briefly had (it was a bit too white). I have never owned a Mint State Capped Bust half. And might never yet, due to the cost. But I should step up to a nice AU sometime.

    My Draped Bust half also needs upgrading eventually.
     
  14. jerryc39

    jerryc39 Well-Known Member

    Very nice collection! Enjoyed looking at them.
     
    lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. Eduard

    Eduard Supporter** Supporter

    Uhhh, nice!
    A very representative collection - well collected.

    Just one remark: you have an example of most major types, but no Capped Bust Dime or Quarters. Just curious as they are two of my focal points.
     
  16. Congratulations on assembling a very very nice set of coins, they all have great detail even the lower graded coins still pop!
     

Share This Page