LordM October 2021 PCGS World coin submissions... wish me luck...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lordmarcovan, Oct 16, 2021.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Pretty much as expected, then. Might get lucky around Thanksgiving, who knows.

The Scottish coin will return home separately from the others, since it’s a different submission and tier.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

Hm. I relied on the MA-Shops translation for that. Hope it’s indeed UNC and not a slider. I never put a loupe to it. Regardless, it’s a fun type.

4. goossen

goossen Senior Member

@DEA is fast right.

Stempelglanz equals to Brilliant uncirculated (BU); Unzirkuliert is Uncirculated (UNC); and Fast unzirkuliert is Almost uncirculated (AU).

lordmarcovan and DEA like this.
  5. goossen

goossen Senior Member

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Theyre at like 35 business days right now for world regular and half that Thanksgiving week will be a holiday. All of their times are currently really backed up. Everyones just getting slammed with submissions.

7. lordmarcovan

So I gather the cat coin (token) is “Almost BU”, or perhaps “near Gem” in American parlance. A generic UNC, then. Like the Latvian and Balboa. Maybe it’ll go 63-ish. We’ll see.

goossen likes this.
  8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Wishing you "straight" grades of the highest grade.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

Grades are in on the 4-coin submission, and the coins are back home, but the TrueView images are lagging behind and not yet up, which often happens. I usually look forward to seeing the images as much as the grades, really.

No outcome on the Scottish medieval yet. It’s in Quality Check as I type this, so there should be news on that one soon.

ddddd likes this.
  10. lordmarcovan

1899-B British Trade dollar: Genuine/AU Details/Cleaned. A “details” grade, as expected, for the harsh cleaning. (And they put the word “harsh” on the label.) But genuine, which was the main issue on this one. So this counts as a small win.

1921 German cat token: MS64. Better than expected. Win.

1929 Latvia 5-lati: Genuine/UNC Details/Cleaned. UNC as expected, but no straight-grade. This is a minor bummer.

1947 Panama Balboa: MS64. Better than expected. Win.

C1E4EC7E-9537-493B-AB2B-83A8958F3311.png

11. lordmarcovan

DEA likes this.
  12. lordmarcovan

Happily, the GB T$ passed muster.

Still waiting for news on the Scottish coin, and on all the TrueView images, as mentioned, but all that should be coming soon.

Robidoux Pass likes this.
  13. DEA

DEA Well-Known Member

I am happy I was wrong - and @goossen was correct. Good for you, Rob!

goossen and lordmarcovan like this.
  14. ddddd

ddddd Member

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. lordmarcovan

16. lordmarcovan

Penny Luster likes this.
  17. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Congrats on the multiple wins with your submission!

I got excited early last week (my August NGC submission's Economy invoice, which has held up the other two that have been completed for a week or two, changed to "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" for a few hours) and then was brought crashing back to earth when it switched back to "Scheduled for Grading" right before Thanksgiving.

And congrats specifically on the Thale am Harz piece - I remember posting one of mine here a while back and then selling my extra to another forum member. Thought it was a really fun design too.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. lordmarcovan

You might have been the influencer there, I suppose. I’ve long since forgotten where I first saw one, but I know it was on these forums. A year or two back, somebody’s posting of one put that type on my radar, and I watchlisted some on MA-Shops. I finally took the plunge on that one, and am now glad I did.

19. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I believe I posted it on the World Coins (Newest Acquisitions) thread, and also in a couple threads about coins with animals on them. But I feel like I remember someone else posting theirs as well…but that feels like 87 years ago so who knows anymore…haha

Hope you get some good news on your final coin soon!

lordmarcovan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted