LordM December 2017 giveaway. (Said I wasn't gonna do one. Changed my mind.)

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lordmarcovan, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ungawhaa

ungawhaa Member

ENTRY POST, Thank you and a Happy Holidays to you!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ungawhaa

ungawhaa Member

I'm a fairly new member, I don't own a camera so I can't post pictures. I don't know if this is the right spot to say that this past weekend at my LCS I purchased a set of graded NGC proof 69 Lincolns 1992-1998 for a buck and a half apiece. Did i go wrong?

Theodosius likes this.
  4. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST.
    WHAT A GREAT OPPORTUNITY. HAPPY HOLLIDAYS

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

If you like them, I can't imagine you went wrong. Possibly at some point they might have some true value. What you did is to take someone else's $$$ spent on grading/slabbing them and got off cheap if it is something you would have wanted slabbed down the road. If you don't need the $$ you spent on them, perhaps keeping them for long term might possibly give you something.

6. TradingGreen

TradingGreen Active Member

Not an entry - Info on the note - from my Std Cat of World Paper Money (2007) 1962-1975 period, no date, Manuel Regifo, $4.00 Unc.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

Hmmm... Why not. Entry post! I'll have to upload a nice coin now... Or how about my best free coin? My best is a 1 Stiver of Essequebo and Demarary. The person who gave it to me only collects American, so he siphons off all the foreign to me. In the same group was a 1966 Canadian dollar and a full set of Canadian cents from 1937-1968. A3ED143F-1933-45EC-AD4D-15EE3A89D1ED.jpeg D64B46B3-3561-4081-A199-ADB07D07B2D4.jpeg

8. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Entry Post. Hope you have great holidays!

9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Entry post! Thanks!

10. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Entry Post

Well, now you made me go look up where/what Timor is. Turns out, its a small island near Indonesia. It was owned by Portugal until 1975, when the Indonesian army invaded. They gained independence around the turn of the millenium.

Here's a picture from Wikipedia, of Timor as seen from space:

[​IMG]

Theodosius and lordmarcovan like this.
  11. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Entry Post

I love you, Lord M! (In a platonic, CT way). And like your idea @cpm9ball. I promise to do something like Chris is planning, even if I don’t win. But I have to get my act together and figure out what I have.

Steve

lordmarcovan likes this.
  12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

ENTRY POST

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you!

13. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

My son has been to East Timor as part of a US Navy humanitarian mission while he was on the USS Juneau.

14. Steve66

Steve66 Coin People

Entry post:

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

From Oklahoma

IMG_0800.JPG

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Entry Post. All the best for the Christmas Season! 1995 INDO 100 r obv (2).JPG 1995 INDO 100 r rev (2).JPG

longshot and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  16. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I like that Chile note, because I love eating chili, and sometimes it gets cold outside. :wideyed: :D.
    Very nice of you to do yet another giveaway. :)

(Not an entry)

17. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Entry post: here's my favorite world coin and oldest dated coin, a gift from LordM himself! This was one hard bigger to take a photo of for some reason!

20171209_221145.jpg 20171209_221205.jpg 20171209_221256.jpg

Thanks,
    Jacob

lordmarcovan and Theodosius like this.
  18. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

Entry Post

If I win it would be for my great nephew who I’m trying to get interested in coins. #1 or #3 for the win...

19. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Youngcoin likes this.
  20. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Anytime I see a PCGS or NGC coin for under ten bucks with any kind of eye appeal, I consider it a good deal. And nice proof coins in NGC slabs for under five bucks apiece? Even better. So what if they're just modern Zincolns.

Thanks for the help with that. Appreciate it.

21. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

Not an entry post. Looks like another fun contest!

I like the ship on that bank note. I am trying hard not to collect world coins with ships (too many subcollections as it is :) ) but I do buy them when I see them.

Septimus Severus AE22 Anchialus a.jpg
    THRACE, Anchialus. Septimius Severus. AD 193-211. Æ (26mm, 12.04 g, 7h).
    Obverse: Laureate, draped, and cuirassed bust right.
    Reverse: Galley under full sail to left. Varbanov 239. VF, brown surfaces, small flan split.
    From the estate of Thomas Bentley Cederlind.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.