LordM, coin_nut, & Paddy54 giveaway, November 2017

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Haha I shouldn't have used that term as Its not proper and some don't understand it, it means it would vastly "upgrade" my type set.

Thanks,
    Jacob

Theodosius and Lemme Caution like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lemme Caution

Lemme Caution Well-Known Member

Oh...my...god! :yack:

4. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Do a quick search on Google. I guarantee that is not what it means.

Lemme Caution and Youngcoin like this.
  5. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Actually, for the younger generation it does. There was a TV show called "Pimp My Ride" a few years ago. I think it means "to make it like a pimp would want it" or something of that nature. Language takes on new meaning over time. After all, 100 years ago you'd describe someone as a "gay" young man and mean something totally different than what you mean now.

Lemme Caution likes this.
  6. Youngcoin

Slang term.

Thanks,
    Jacob

7. Lemme Caution

I happily second that!

8. Lemme Caution

A lovely coin...and in my birth year too! At least, that's what my daughters used to make me feel like when they called me the "Ancient One"! :penguin:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. Wow this is an awesome contest. My Dad just passed the beginning of Oct. 2017. He was a coin collector his whole life; his grandfather got him started as a small boy. During this time of grief it has been a blessing to spend time looking at his (now My) coin collection. I was originally looking to sale it quickly; but now am being reminded of moments of my childhood spent with him and his coins. I am sad that he passed but thankful for his love of coin collecting and how it is becoming something I can enjoy while remembering him.

CircCam, Nyatii, rooman9 and 6 others like this.
  10. Lemme Caution

Those are very moving words and sentiments. I hope his - now your - collection gives you many years of joy AND fond memories.

11. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Wow, you're exactly 100 years older than my wife! :oldman::p

12. lordmarcovan

I see he has a Shield nickel in there, too, between the Barber quarter and half.

One With Rays. So an 1866 or 1867. Always nice to have a With Rays Shield nickel type coin if you're doing an album like the Dansco 7070 or whatever.

PS- I just noticed there's a Seated dime, too! And you mentioned the large cent.

Seems ol' @Paddy54 knows how to step a giveaway up to the next level!

And then there's that "coinucopia" bit. Brilliant. I wish I had thought of that myself.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  13. Lemme Caution

Which simply delightful factoid on the face of it is rather difficult for me to believe since it seems that I am, at least according to exceedingly reliable sources much younger but far wiser than myself, not only older than the hills but apparently even more than a bit senior to the very glaciers that managed to carve them! :oldman:X:oldman:=:jawdrop:

14. lordmarcovan

With your 1873 birthyear, I certainly hope you saved one of these. ;)

Oh, wait, there IS only one. Was it you who preserved it for posterity? Cool.

15. Lemme Caution

Those are some really awesome prizes! :happy: And speaking of that, which obviously I am, as a footnote, p.s. and by the way, this is my trusty, official entry post.

16. Lemme Caution

Now that you mention it, I do have a rather fuzzy and faint recollection of being given some such coin as a part of that year's U.S. Mint Birthday Set. Can't for the life of me remember what I did with it though; no loss, I guess. :rolleyes:

17. Lemme Caution

It appears he just beat you to coining a new word.

18. Youngcoin

Ohhhh yea Dansco 7070 is exactly what I'm doing, some very nice coins in there.

Thanks,
    Jacob

19. Thank you all.

20. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I am thankful to have made it another year without losing any close loved ones. Been hard with my Mom's Liver & breast cancer battle.

Kasia and Lemme Caution like this.
  21. Coinlover67

Coinlover67 Well-Known Member

Entry Post. I am thankful for all of the wonderful coins that exist in the world today to collect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.