Lord Marcovan's Elongated Collection has been officially cataloged . . . . . !

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ZoidMeister, Sep 9, 2021.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Okay folks, it took me long enough, but the final two @lordmarcovan exonumismatic artifacts have been photographed, described, and cataloged.

You can fine the updates to the Elongated coins AND the Wooden Dollar at the following link:

http://tokencatalog.com/display_rec...ingAnyWord=&HomePageSearch=&view=All+Listings

"Type 1" has been split into Type 1a (unholed) and Type 1b (holed).

You can now add the Token Catalog "TC" numbers to these important pieces of your collection. Hyperlinks to the catalog page entries are also possible.

Enjoy.

Zoid

upload_2021-10-21_17-53-10.png

upload_2021-10-21_17-53-42.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ZoidMeister

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

I need a lord wooden $1 for sure!!!!:):).

ZoidMeister likes this.
  5. ZoidMeister

I only have one example of each, for the "Zoid Archives" . . . . . .

They must stay in my possession for "numismatic research"

Z

CoinJockey73, lordmarcovan and dwhiz like this.
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Those are obsolete now. Circa 2006. Only have a few left. Remind me, and I’ll send you one (literally “while supplies last”). Those have my defunct hotmail address (got hacked so I switched to gmail), and the old landline phone number (also long defunct).

BTW, before those red wooden dollars there was an issue of wooden nickels (with the Buffalo design, naturally), done in green. Those were circa 2003-04. Not even I own any of those anymore.

I was surprised to discover recently that all but three of the Type 2 elongates (on Merc dimes) are gone now. Since I’ll keep a couple of those for myself, we can essentially call that type retired, if not “sold out”.

So there will be no more sets issued.

7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

WTG Rob glad to see you got some recognition for all you do..Good show !

8. Paddy54

I know you are a love token fan esspecially the pictorial tokens....Im posting this here as I suspect a train lovin member ....who has a wooden nickel may be interested found on the bay. s-l400-35.jpg s-l400-34.jpg s-l400-33.jpg
    @dwhiz

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  9. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

^^^ @dwhiz forgot the d it sure is lovely,What a masterpiece!!!.

10. Paddy54

Fixed unfortunately I am using a samsung pad that has a mind of its own...the spell check on this model suck! More than once I've turned it off....only to have it turn on and change my text.ugh...never again buy any Samsung products. Never again

dwhiz likes this.
  11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Missed this post the first time around. Congrats Rob. Your name will live in infamy (for smashing coins. LOL).

lordmarcovan and ZoidMeister like this.
  12. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@Paddy54
    Yes I saw that, but I thought it was over priced. For that kind of money I could a real nice coin, or a new locomotive for my layout.
    Or even a new keyboard for m computer since I'm having trouble now with the "Y" key, I mean I real have to mash that key for it to work

lordmarcovan, ZoidMeister and Paddy54 like this.
  13. Paddy54

Yes very nicely done but I agree way over priced for the pair .

14. Paddy54

Congratulations Rob, I am pleased to say that I do own a set of these fine elongated coins. Rob you been a pillar here on coin talk, but more so thoughtout the hobby. Its always been a pleasure horse trading with you! You always sweeten the deal with a little something extra...which it well noted and appreciated .I hope Jamez Motley finds time to finish his book on elongated coins. Those who don't know Jamez he is the president of CONECA , a long time friend to myself, and the Numastic hobby.
    Rob was kind enough to send Jim up a set of these elongated coins. I know it took awhile but when he did receive them he was very happy...but....who wouldn't be? Right?
    Rob the passion you have for our hobby is unmatched! Your most generous acts not only here,but thought out the hobby is again unmatched . I am very proud to have you not only a close friend ,but a leader in this hobby who goew the extra Mile to nurture others in the hobby giving them not only advise,but giving them specimens from your own Pocket.

***For all you do and have done....I ask the members here to honor you on Monday October 25 2021
    As Robertson W. Shinnick Day! May I please have a second from the membership ?***

Rob there no doupt of the kindness in your ♡ , posting your pets sharing your family,and friends with all of us. Its truly an honor to have you as a friend..I only hope for the day that We can look each other in the eyes and shake hands...followed by a big bear hug! Rob...you da man! Love ya brother!
    Paddy

DEA, ZoidMeister and lordmarcovan like this.
  15. lordmarcovan

Wow, thanks!

But October 25th as a day in my honor might be a bit over the top.

You could proclaim it “Go Eat a Cheesesteak Sammich Day” instead, and I’d be equally honored (and simultaneously jealous of everyone who did that).

Vegeterians could just go the Grilled Cheese route.

Vegans, I’m sorry. Go eat some twigs or grass or something, or whatever you subsist on. ;)

16. lordmarcovan

@ZoidMeister - I think I was originally calling the Type 1 LordM elongate variants “1A” for the holed version and “1B” for the unholed, but now that they’re published the other way ‘round, please don’t switch them around to match that. I’ll switch my own nomenclature to match yours. Easier that way. I need to update my thread about them anyway, and include these tokencatalog.com numbers.

There aren’t very many threads mentioning the “1A” and “1B” nomenclature in any event, since I only started numbering the types fairly recently, and decided to classify the subtypes even later than that.

CoinJockey73 and ZoidMeister like this.
  17. ZoidMeister

I'll second that . . . . 2nd.gif

Rob, keep yours as intended. It's easy enough for me to swap them around.

I prefer to match your designations.

I'll do it in a bit when I can get to my PC.

Z

18. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  19. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@Paddy54
    Starting price lowered to $396.86
    Well there is a steam engine coming out in December and that will be about the same price. Looks like a new engine for me.

Update I use my canned air and it cleaned the stuff out of the keyboard, also on the tag there is a date of 2008, so I've had it a long time.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  20. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Christmas come early to ol' @CoinJockey73, and on a Sunday, no less.
    @lordmarcovan, i may have a small hoard of your type 1b elongated cent. I luv them. They are truly the rarest pieces in my "collection" by a long shot, but i don't want to be greedy! I know there are only 200 in existence, so if you'd like me to send one to someone, I'm at your disposal.
    20211205_155310.jpg
    Lucky number 3! Thank you @lordmarcovan.

lordmarcovan and ZoidMeister like this.
  21. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted