Lord Marcovan's "Eclectic Hundred" as of July 2, 2022

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lordmarcovan, Jul 2, 2022.

1. WashQuartJesse

WashQuartJesse Member Supporter

What a fantastic display! I've probably viewed these 20 or so times, now. For some reason, the British pieces continue to catch my eye. Well done, Sir!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Impressive. If I might throw in an observation this collection somewhat loosely tracks Western European Civilization through around the early 20th Century at which point it starts to veer off a little or if you like becomes the more "eclectic."

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I've only got one word for your eclectic 100, Rob.......

tumblr_n2ecyrucBu1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. bgeezy

bgeezy New Member

I gave him $20 or so 10-15 years ago for a treasure hunt in England. Never a word since.

6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Are you one of the “Lord Marcovan to England” donors from CU, then? If so, count this as belated thanks to you and everyone else whose gifts paid for about half of my trip over there.

It checked off the #1 item on my bucket list, so thank you. :)

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/highlights-of-my-2013-metal-detecting-week-in-england.287138/

(I did do a group thanks and a gold coin giveaway after the trip. Sorry if you never got personal thanks.)

7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Those were fun times on CU. A hunt in England had to be a dream come true.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  8. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

As others have said, simply an astounding collection.
    "Eclectic" in this case has such an artistic expression.

Each is eye-popping in its own right but I must say the Napolean Bonaparte medal really caught my eye for the realistic appearance. And to think it was accomplished almost exactly 200 years ago.

Thank you for letting us share in your collection.

ps. That colorful 1965 SMS Lincoln cent is no slouch either.

9. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

Beautiful collection. We have similar tastes but I do not have the discipline to limit myself to 100 coins. I especially liked the Conder token and the Peacock Jewelers Hard Times token, they are atypical when one looks at other tokens in those series.

Cliff Reuter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted