Lord Marcovan's "Eclectic Hundred" as of July 2, 2022

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lordmarcovan, Jul 2, 2022.

1. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

That has become a truely marvelous collection.. 5 Stars my friend!!! PS I'm in love with that f12 twenty cent piece.. can't believe it's only f12 it really pops

john-charles and lordmarcovan like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

Eclectic and awesome! I always enjoy seeing these (including the Peacock and the familiar owl ;)).

4. Savoyspecial

Savoyspecial Member

Having seen them in hand, I loved the double struck 6d SSC and the Feuchtwanger was especially flashy (PL even if not marked so on the label)

5. Railguy

Railguy Well-Known Member

Very nice,thanks for sharing I have one of those the square one.netherlands

6. cmezner

cmezner do ut des Supporter

That's impressive @lordmarcovan. It is like walking through the Münzkabinett of a great museum, or even better. Thank you so much for sharing, it is a delight to see your collection. Many kudos:)

7. happy_collector

happy_collector Well-Known Member

Great update, Lord M!
    Always a joy to see your "Eclectic Hundred" coins! :)

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

So much fun looking at your collection. I enjoy seeing some new coins. That Great Britain: silver florin of Queen Victoria, "Gothic" type, 1865 really got my attention. I want 1 of those down the road. Thee AU53 1844 seated half got my attention. That 10 dollar gold Indian is beautiful. Envy is still the word my friend. I've got 1,200+ coins.

9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Dibbs on "first in line" for your "out box" . . . .

Z

10. JayAg47

JayAg47 Well-Known Member

That's some solid lot of coins!
    Here's my eclectic tray consisting of all my favourite ancient coins as of now.
    Favourites.jpg
    f.png.7196bf2b69c421f3cbcfadfa471b92d9.png

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  11. Robidoux Pass

Robidoux Pass Well-Known Member

LM, great seeing the update of your collection. Looks like a lot of love went into that grouping.

12. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

@lordmarcovan : a splendid tour de force and wonderful presentation. Congrats on a wonderful eye for quality and appeal! :cool:

13. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Super collection. What's not to like. I would love to have such a nice conglomerate of coins.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  14. Mammothtooth

Mammothtooth Stand up Philosopher, Vodka Taster

Well, I am thrilled and happy for you. What a great collection.
    I am still waiting for my inheritance, but my family seems not to marry up or over achieve. I am sure they are waiting for me to go to my reward so they can get my stuff. That’s life.
    Really a wonderful display….You are a fortunate man and a good man.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. Mammothtooth

Mammothtooth Stand up Philosopher, Vodka Taster

It would be interesting to know safeguards people take for their collection. I guess safest is Bank drawer.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. mrweaseluv

Evil cats, Large dog, a larger handgun and a "panic" button (calls 911-robbery in progress). All backed up by a 1 ton safe bolted to the floor. In the end they might still get my coins but not without killing me and the woman 1st (and she ain't no slouch with her 12 gauge)
    (the handgun)
    unnamed.jpg

ZoidMeister and green18 like this.
  17. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

This.

18. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Willing to die for coins or any other material possessions is a bit extreme, IMO. I am all for security and safeguards, but things can be replaced...

19. mrweaseluv

It's not a matter of material possessions at that point, it's a matter of home invasion and I don't recommend trying it with me or any of my neighbors. (or most of NH/ME outside of the cities)

20. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I just added a proof Liberty nickel and a Cyprus Crusader coin, both attractively toned. Pix later.

Also, I just split the Eclectic Box in two, separating the Ancient & World from the US material. The US portion is growing so I didn’t want it to overbalance the eclectic qualities of the rest of the collection.

So the “Eclectic Hundred” was a short lived scheme. Now it’s 70-something Ancient & World pieces in one category, and 30-some US pieces in the other, with both categories continuing to grow.

ddddd and ZoidMeister like this.
  21. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

@lordmarcovan

That collection is worthy of a public display. Not only are the coins wonderful, put together they show the possible breadth and depth collecting can go!

lordmarcovan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted