Lord Marcovan's "Eclectic Box" collection as of September 27, 2021

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lordmarcovan, Sep 27, 2021.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Thanks for taking the time to look!

Magnus87, ZoidMeister and Lueds like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Very impressive ancients IMO. I'm not an ancients collector, actually I have none, but those strike me as beautiful. Kudos Robertson!

spirityoda and lordmarcovan like this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Great collection still.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

So glad to see the "city view" coin still. Still my favorite.

This coin is now my 2nd favorite...
    01-ReigateGroat-frame.png

6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

After that dump, Lord Marcovan was all . . . .

micdrop.gif

spirityoda and lordmarcovan like this.
  7. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

And mine as well . . . .

Ex-Marcovan Hosrd.

1582 Silver Ernestus of Ernest of Bavaria.jpg 1769-EM Copper 5 Kopecks of Catherine the Great.jpg

8. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

So many super nice coins. I was pleasantly surprised to see the 1927 Parliament commemorative. One of my favorite coins. Thanks for sharing with us.
    As always a truly learning experience.

kountryken and lordmarcovan like this.
  9. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Quality over quantity, all with excellent eye appeal. I very much enjoyed your show. I admire the restraint that you show in your eclectic box.

10. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

Amazing presentation, you have set a painfully high standard. I really appreciate the thought process of a limited number, I believe it will be difficult to decide what to keep, yet the discipline of that makes for a thoughtful and thought-filled collection. I think I will attempt a similar (albeit smaller) collection. Thank you for sharing.

11. dlts

dlts Well-Known Member

Wow! I didn't think that I'd get to the end, but what a wonderful collection.

12. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

WOWZERS! That's some collection Rob!

kountryken and lordmarcovan like this.
  13. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

While all of them are making me drool, I was struck by the 1794 GB ½ cent. What a beauty. Thank you for sharing. Loved them all.

14. kountryken

kountryken Well-Known Member

And, when you do this, please let me know. Some of yours aren't in my focus, but I still appreciate looking at them. But, some are "right down my alley", lol. Thanks for posting

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

Scrolling through your Box is always fun because I never know what the next coin is going to be. "Eclectic" indeed! Thanks for sharing your numismatic journey.

16. Dearborn

Dearborn Above average collector - Is that an Error?

very nice set! Impressive even..

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

The only "restraint" I have is my budget, and the fact that I've still got to find a way to somehow collect coins AND yet still be able to eat and keep a roof over my head, and keep the battered old car running. LOL
    That's the nice thing about having an eclectic collection. Nobody's gonna like all of 'em, but chances are, there's gonna be at least a little bit of "something for everyone" in there if the collection is varied enough.
    Zoid- that 1582 Liege piece was indeed once a part of this collection, albeit briefly, in between this update and the last one. The Russian 5-kopeck never was, but in a similar vein, I have that Siberian copper, above (it's even bigger than one of those Russian 5-kopeck pieces!)

ZoidMeister and kountryken like this.
  18. lordmarcovan

I'm not sure why, exactly, but that's always been one of my favorite Aussie types.

kountryken and alurid like this.
  19. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

Splendid collection. Eclectic really speaks to me as well. Thank you for sharing a varied and impressive group.

lordmarcovan and kountryken like this.
  20. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I think this is the only coin that I purposely acquired after seeing one posted on CT.
    I do kind of miss seeing your Lundy Puffin.

21. ddddd

ddddd Member

An awesome collection and presentation as always @lordmarcovan !

As you know, I always admire the Peacock token (and will likely keep making this comment on each update :D). I'm a fan of the Siberia 10K-always wanted one of that design and finally picked up an inexpensive 5k earlier this year (doesn't make my box, which I plan to do an updated thread on soon, unless I expand to 99 as well :p). A few others that caught my eye this time around (they all did but some more than others) were the city view (something about those appeals to me-likely the amount of detail on a relatively small surface), the Australia Penny token (you don't see an emu and a kangaroo too often in one setting), the hat token (makes me think of your holey coin hat and so the token fits your collection quite well), the 1965 SMS toned cent (it was in the monster toned thread and is a spectacular toner, especially compared to most SMS coins), and the Ukraine medal (that one you purchased from me when you were looking for interesting items under $50; this one was well under :)).

kountryken likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted