Looky Looky

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Maxim Hofstede, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Maxim Hofstede

Maxim Hofstede Active Member

Hey guys today my cousin came over and what better way to have fun than coin roll hunting. At first we looked through $30.00 worth of JFK halves and then we looked through $50.00 worth of dimes it was going as usual some gem proof coins and nice specimens and then I pulled out a 1957-D rosy! My cousin was pretty jealous (he says he's not) but then I grabbed one of his rolls by accident and gave it back to him and then he pulled out a mercury dime! 1944-P and 1957-D within rolls, both coins were our first silver finds during crh and were pretty pumped.
    [​IMG] upload_2015-6-29_21-25-23.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

4. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

5. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

Congrats, finding two silvers in only $50 of dimes is incredible. Mercs are very hard to find too.

6. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

It really just depends on the source. One time I found 17 silver dimes in a roll from the bank (subsequent rolls from this bank yielded an average of 2-3 silver dimes each) and then another I went through over some $700 in dimes and didn't find a single one.

coinman1234 likes this.
  7. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

I've only found 7 silver dimes, lifetime. I did find a merc once but my uncle snagged it.

But I've only been hunting in dime rolls since last fall and I haven't been looking too hard - have worked my way up to 25 or so rolls from 5 rolls last fall. Dimes just aren't as exciting as nickels. I so rarely find dimes before 1965 and all of the dimes since 65 are easy to find.

8. Maxim Hofstede

me and my cousin found about 20 1965 dimes and every time it would give us a heart attack

HunterOhlsen likes this.
  9. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

Yeah that's frustrating. I get psyched when I find a 65-79 with great hair though. Upgrading is good too.

I found a 46 dime a couple of weeks ago in a bank wrapped roll. :)

10. Maxim Hofstede

1969-79's coins look like silver they get me pumped

11. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

I hope you're not claiming that those are your photos, because this website has the exact same one as the merc dime...http://www.conchos.com/bssransimedi.html

NSP, Nycmacman, Pi man and 2 others like this.
  12. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Oooh... busted.

13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The plot thickens.

Pi man likes this.
  14. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

I wondered how he took such a good pic...LOL

15. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Maxim just said goodbye to everyone in another thread.

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted