Looking for unsearched bulk wheats!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Brymander89, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Richard M. Renneboog

Richard M. Renneboog Active Member

OMG, you know my mother? That's what she does!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

No dates/mint marks that stand out. If you took them to a dealer you may get 4-5 cents each. I took about 10000 to a dealer last year and he paid 4 cents each for the 40's and 50's (a little more for the 1943 steel cents) and a little more for the older decades.

4. Richard M. Renneboog

Thanks, wxcoin, I'll keep that in mind. Could be I'll just hang on to them and let my grandkids deal with them someday...

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. wxcoin

That's an excellent idea!

6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

You said that much better than I could. Thanks

7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I only got 2 cents for my 40s and 50s a few years back. Good on you!

wxcoin likes this.
  8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I also thought the 4 cents and up was a very fair dealer price to pay.

9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Things must have changed over the last five years or so. 2.5 to 3 used to be fairly common and was perfectly reasonable imo.

Bambam8778 likes this.
  10. Michael K

Perhaps the standard 3 cents is going up. But this is prob just the exception and not the rule.

11. wxcoin

If my memory isn't doing tricks I believe the dealer paid me 6 cents for teens and 5 cents for 20's and 30's. I had about 500 common IHC which he paid 25 cents each. I thought he was very fair. I helped an elderly lady (well, at least older than me) sell her late mother's collection and he was very fair in buying the entire collection as well.

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Richard, you had only two 1955s in there. What were you expecting? You have to have at least seven or eight to have a chance at seeing the DDO. :)

Seattlite86 and wxcoin like this.
  13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

FUNNY

14. pjerin

pjerin New Member

Wow how sad ..how very sad. The jokes and mocking just continues. The experience here has basically confirmed there is so much sadness poeple enjoy placing on others. Go ahead enjoy your hurtful posts..laugh at a person who said anything positive..go ahead enjoy your hate.

For all your information folks I am not stupid, I was a coin dealer for 10 years, I have experienced the joy coins can provide to the mind and soul for the last 40 years and still do now in my mid seventies. Now go ahead and bash...have fun...call someone else a liar..a fool.. The facts are I ejoyed the rolls..I never expected the golden rainbow..I did find alot of key and semi key dates..I did not expect to make money only to have fun looking through what I felt were honest rolls. So let the bashing start....

NOS likes this.
  15. wxcoin

The only thing sad are your posts here. I haven't seen anyone bashing you here; just relating their experiences with purchasing "unsearched" rolls. Nobody has said there aren't honest sellers out there but nobody is just going to give anything away either. It looks to me like you have a problem with any opinion other than yours. If you had good experiences searching thorough rolls, great, I'm happy for you. I enjoyed searching through rolls of coins until I realized I now had thousands of coins sitting around doing nothing for me collecting dust. When the dust settled and I sold the coins I realized how much I could have saved just purchasing the coins I needed. That's my experience and this doesn't negate yours.

When interacting with people in a public forum you have to keep an open mind and not take anything personally. Many threads go off the deep end and resemble nothing like the original topic; just move along.

Seattlite86 and eddiespin like this.
  16. Michael K

I don't think I have taken any shots.
    A dealer would know there are no unsearched cents.

Seattlite86 and wxcoin like this.
  17. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

@pjerin, I ever tell you about the time I found a dead fish in my backyard? It was just lying there, and I'm nowhere near the water-level, leastways not low enough to where a fish could jump in my yard. I figure an osprey might have picked it up and dropped the sucker. Either that or one of the cats took a fishing pole from the garage and caught it. But I'd hate to think that because none of them has a fishing license and that would mean one of them broke the law. It was a big bass, though, musta gone three pou-oh, you were saying?

Tell ya what, @pjerin. Try real hard to shake off this victim-mentality of yours. You'll feel a lot better for it, and for that matter, so will we...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  18. wxcoin

Another fish story:)

19. Richard M. Renneboog

I wasn't expecting anything... actually surprised there were any 55s at all

20. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

That's the going price that we trade for at my coin club 2.5-3. Sometimes more, sometimes less but that is about average price for me.

21. pjerin

pjerin New Member

Thank you for sharing your hate, I am tired of pompus folks like you putting lables on people you have NO idea about. Yes I am a victim of haters like you and your sad quote. So why dont you get over it. What a sad life you must have to continue your harrasment, people like you always think you are so bright and whitty but only get my pitty.

NOS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted