Looking for online Coin dealers

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by adiorio110, Nov 25, 2011.

1. adiorio110

adiorio110 New Member

Numismat

I see your A dealer I am from Brooklyn orginally now in Staten Island ...Do you have a store front or a website ... I wouldn't mind buying locally from a board member. Especially if I can buy behind the bid. LOL, See I am learning the vernacular already.

Anthony

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

That would be great, but I deal in foreign stuff and you collect US stuff. I don't think I would have anything that would interest you.

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

go get coffee and then add my name to the list. i dont sell coins only investment advice but you get the idea :D

5. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

most of the people buying dont know what they are doing. might seem a little over the top but its true.

6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

foreign stuff? got anything from india?

7. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

ah i have finally found you again. happy days are here again :D for me not for you :D

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Do you have any idea who SGS is ? It's a grading company, a "so called" grading company. Nobody could ever submit coins to them for grading though. If that doesn't strike you as odd enough, the owner of SGS was a guy who bought generic snap-lock coin holders. Then sat in his garage or at his kitchen table and took coins that he got from the bank, the mint or the corner grocery store, and graded every single one of them as MS or PF 70, slapping on a label that he made there at home.

Yet on ebay he was able to sell his "graded" coins by the tens of thousands, for outrageous prices and never get a negative feedback.

Now there were many others on ebay just like him, dozens of them, maybe hundreds - they all had their own "grading companies". And rarely would any of them ever get a negative feedback.

Then there were the guys who every coin they sold was a counterfeit coin. Yet they sold them by the thousands. And never got a negative feedback.

Now what would you think of feedback if you knew all of that ?

9. LindeDad

LindeDad His Walker.

If your still looking you might check out the For sale and Auctions posts here as a few of us show up there. http://www.cointalk.com/f5/

10. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Sorry to piggy back on another post, but I was just informed that I payed 250 too much on my recent half bust purchase. If somone can please PM me and point me in the direction of an honest CT member that can give me decent prices on Half Busts, Quarter Busts, or Barber Halves it would be greatly appreciated.

11. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Contact those I already posted.

12. Mark Feld

Mark Feld Rare coin dealer

I hope you're not buying uncertified coins from them, as I do not think bidders should rely upon their images. That is because many of tnem appear to be taken/presented in such a way so as to avoid showing the coin's flaws.

Many of their coins sell at what look to be bargain prices, when in reality, I think the buyers are getting bad deals. That is due to the coins' not being of the quality that the bargain hunters hope or think. I suspect that many of their coins, if submitted for grading, would grade less than their owners expect. And their supposed good deals would be revealed as bad ones.

My comments are based on having viewed many of their listings, and having read about the experiences of a number of bidders who suffered painful lessons.

13. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

TYVM Mark. That is why I am a member of CT. To have fun, and learn from the experts.

~Jason

14. Numismat

Plenty! =)

15. debordj

debordj Debo

Two of my favorites are:

Northeast Numismatics - you can actually put bids in for some coins and they really grade honestly and tell you if a coin has been cleaned or has problems. Has a wantlist feature that is AWESOME if you are building a type set - will send you and email when new coins that match your wantlist are posted to their website.

http://www.northeastcoin.com/index.jsp

Executive Coin - have bought from them several times and my wife bought a coin on my wantlist from them and didn't know that I had already bought it and they accepted to return with no problem. Also tell you if coin has problems.

http://www.executivecoin.com/default.aspx

Not affiliated with either, but have bought from them both several times and think they have fair prices and accurate pics and descriptions.

16. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Thank goodness for this thread. It's giving me tons of sites to check out, still undecided exactly where to buy from yet though.

17. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

pm sent

18. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Solely Gives Seventies.

19. Numismat

Kind of like S.E.D.G.C. (Seeing Eye Dog Grading Company). Every coin MS-70 guaranteed, lol.

20. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

ive seen n.g.c. has been doin a lot of 70s lately:(

21. Mark Feld

Mark Feld Rare coin dealer

Once you feel that you know which sellers are trustworthy and fair, make your decisions based on the coins, not the sellers, themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted