Looking for any new information on this Lincoln plaque.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ldhair, Jul 28, 2015.

1. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I post about these every few years wondering if anyone may have any new information. I never see them sell at auction but I'm sure they must. I need to put a value on the one I own before it goes to my son. I did see just the large Lincoln medal from the large plaque on ebay sometime back and it brought crazy money. The first two Images are not the one I own. I have been too lazy to unpack it and take good images. The last image is a paper weight with an actual cent mounted in it. I wonder what it's value is as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Nice plaques Larry. I'll bet Paul Cunningham could give you a value. Also he is taking pre-orders for his new book Lincoln's Metallic Imagery. They might be listed in the book.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@ldhair

The last gift I won on the NGC trivia game was the book, Abraham Lincoln - Beyond the American Icon. It contains more than 400 pages of pins, badges, plaques, photos, etc. Unfortunately, this plaque is not listed.

Chris

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I see Paul each year at the Fun show. He has sold me a few plaques over the years. I'm looking forward to getting his book. I may see if I can email him about these.

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Thanks Chris.
    I just looked up the book and bought it. Looks fun.

7. PennyGuy

I had a chance to look thru a early draft of his book. Looking forward to seeing the pics of my collection in the final. He should have them ready to ship.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Who knows! Maybe I missed the plaque in the book.

Chris

9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'll bet you didn't miss it. I'm just a sucker for Lincoln stuff. A teacher I had back in 7th grade got me hooked. I still wonder if the guy was a coin collector.

10. Keyman64

Keyman64 Well-Known Member

Lol, I was just going to come in here and point you towards Paul Cunningham as well. I just met him at Summer FUN and he seems like a nice guy. Good luck!

http://www.cunninghamexonumia.com/

Edit: On another note, I showed him my Silver Toned Proof Lincoln Cent and he had NEVER seen anything like it before. :)
    [​IMG]

11. PennyGuy

Paul Cunningham is a nice guy. He is also President of the CWTS.

Draft saved Draft deleted