Looking for Air-Tite Tubes

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Lon Chaney, May 31, 2012.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

A while ago, I saw a certain type of "tube" made for air-tites. I know where to find the cap tubes for these, but there's a different kind I've seen, but cannot find anywhere. Not sure where I saw it. These tubes open on a long side, and would lay flat. It would open on that long side, the cover would flip up. Inside the tube are plastic spacers (which are part of the tube itself) to separate the air-tites.
    Here's a crudely drawn diagram of what they look like:
    Air Tite Tube drawing.jpg
    The first is a side view. The red part is the cover that flips up. The second drawing is a top view. The grey rectangles are the spacers (which are just part of the tube) and the black boxes are air-tites sitting in the tube.

Anybody ever seen something like this?
    It's possible I dreamed it up, but I'm pretty sure I've seen them for sale somewhere...

EDIT: And in that drawing, all the rectangles are supposed the be the same size.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice Member

Sure, I've seen them. They're on e-bay and various supply websites.

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Would you happen to have any links? I haven't seen them on ebay and I've checked jpscorner, valley, wizard, and somewhere else. Nada. Only the Cap Tube ones.

5. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice Member

Guess I responded a little too quick Lon. All those I've seen do not have the spacers, sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted