Looking for a reputable dealer/auction for gold cobs

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Seadog92, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Seadog92

Seadog92 New Member

I have a desire to purchase another gold cob coin, but have seen so many articles of late regarding the flood of counterfeit coins, that I'm pretty hesitant to buy anything online. I have used CNG auctions before, but they very seldom offer what I am looking for. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have. I've seen WGI auctions mentioned on the forums, but have not been successful finding that particular auction on the web.

Shown: Felipe II 2 escudos 1556-1598

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

go to sixbid.com, there you will find...
    Cayon auctions/ spain
    Daniel Frank sedwick/ USA
    Aureo & Calico/ Spain
    Jesus Vico/ Spain
    Heritage Auctions/ USA

These are your best bets for finding AV cob coinage:happy:

John

4. Seadog92

Seadog92 New Member

Thank you. Are there any concerns about ordering out of the country?

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

That depends on what you mean by concerns. Those mentioned above are respected and trusted dealers. But there can be issues when ordering coins from other countries. Time for delivery is one that matters to some, foreign delivery often takes a while because of customs and whatnot. Grading practices and differences in same can also be an issue if one is unaware that those differences even exist, let alone what they are. Some things they find acceptable, you may not. And when you're buying gold, with the expense involved, sometimes that can make a huge difference.

6. Seadog92

Seadog92 New Member

Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

Draft saved Draft deleted