Looking for a 1916 s walker

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dimedude2, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I have been searching for 1916 s in the VF to Xf range. Not easy to find, and when I see then for sale they are 50% above the grey sheet. Any thoughts?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

Does it surprise me that a mid circulated key date half from the teens commends a premium? It does not surprise me.

If the price is too high for you to pay, than as a seller, would you take a lower price for such a coin.

Sometime coins of this level mintage or desire commend such premiums. It’s simply supply and demand. Looks like PCGS only has 150 or so graded between VF and XF. Considering how many are building a date/mint mark set of this heavily desired series. It makes complete since.

Hold off on the coin which best fits your collecting taste and budget; then pull the trigger.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    ldhair likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Supply and demand drive pricing, not the grey sheet.

Mainebill and ToughCOINS like this.
  5. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Good mid grade original early date walkers are a lot tougher to find than you’d think. Barber halves the same. Easy to find g-vg easy in ms. But vf-xf good luck

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

"Mid-circulated" Barber halves and Walkers from before the 1920s are generally around G. Most of those coins worked hard for a long time.

jafo50 likes this.
  7. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I bought a nice VF20 1916-s slabbed by NGC! It only took me 2.5 years to find what I was looking for.

Draft saved Draft deleted