Look at all those beautiful reeds....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by phankins11, Jun 24, 2015.

1. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

On a stamp and grocery run this morning, when I paid for my stamps, I got a nice bright shiny 2015 D Blue Ridge Parkway ATB quarter back in change.

I said, "Wow! Look at that nice shiny quarter."

The cashier said, "yea...aren't they cool...i just opened a new roll."

I said, I'll take'em!"

She had 8.50 left in the drawer.

So, I'm 6 shy of a full roll...but we'll save that for another discussion :rolleyes:

IMG_3216.JPG IMG_3217.JPG IMG_3219.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Awesome design, my favorite this year.

phankins11 likes this.
  4. phankins11

I think you and I have talked about this...but this ATB design is far better than the statehood gobbledegook that happened. The common frame and and incused lettering creates a jointed theme that the statehood series lacked.

5. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

That Obverse is actually very pretty. Now if we could only do something about that awful cartoony looking Washington on the Reverse!! Imagine if Lady Liberty was portrayed in a classic look instead of noodle hair Washington. That would be a beautiful coin.

Jeffrey Baker and phankins11 like this.
  6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Exactly. By letting the states submit designs the state quarters were all over the map as far as design quality went. When they would try and "tweak" a design all they would get were complaints. When they changed and required written design concepts things got a little better but not much.

phankins11 likes this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Blue Ridge and Saratoga are my favs this year. :)

A coup most excellent.......

phankins11 likes this.
  8. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

I hope to find one of this design soon, I'm only an hour from Denver.

9. TaterTot

TaterTot Active Member

Do you plan to keep all these quarters? Not sure I understand the appeal of a roll of new quarters. :)

10. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

11. ridgway0531

ridgway0531 New Member

Meh, keeping them for your grandkids is always something cool to think about. Who knows, maybe a certain state park quarter will suddenly spike in value and you just might happen to have 5 or 6 rolls of them lying around somewhere :)

Jeffrey Baker likes this.
  12. phankins11

Yes...for now. I've been asked to get involved in the YN portion of our local coin club. I might use some of them for that.

13. TaterTot

TaterTot Active Member

For what do they get used?

14. phankins11

along with other stuff probably as prizes...a way to keep the kids interested and motivated.

15. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

16. Jeffrey Baker

Jeffrey Baker New Member

I myself ran across a few of these. I am not a fan of most modern coins but lately they have been grabbing my attention.

17. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

This one too, seems to be doubled . The straight arrow shows where the doubling is . The arrow pointing down is where there is a nice indent next to the outside part of the leaf .. img_3219-jpg.422356.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  18. Rick Stachowski

Here an image of what I'm talking about 11.jpeg

19. phankins11

Yup I zoomed in last night, but was going to withold judgement till I saw it in hand.

20. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

At first glance it looks like machine doubling to me, I need to see it under the Dino-Lite to confirm.

21. Rick Stachowski

I have a dino-lite .. The worm is growing .. A001 - 20150718_094610 (3).jpg A001 - 20150718_094610 (2).jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted