Long list of things...

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Daniy, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Daniy

Daniy New Member

So i came around to an opportunity to buy a small collection of coins. New to the coin thing, and not sure if it's worth it to buy or not. Did a few searches and it seems like they could be worth an okay amount, so here's the list of all the coins:
    1800 1/2 cent
    1832 large cent
    1858 flying eagle cent
    1902 Indian Head cent
    1943 steel penny
    1864 2 cent
    1856 3 cent
    1867 3 cent
    1882 shield with rays nickel
    1905 liberty head nickel
    1939 buffalo nickel
    1943 war time nickel
    1836 half dime
    1854 half dime
    1849 seated liberty dime
    1904 barber dime
    1940 mercury dime
    1964 silver dime
    1927 standing liberty quarter
    1898 barber quarter
    1963 silver quarter
    1911 barber half
    1944 walking liberty half
    1964 kennedy half

Now, i'm the type of person that likes to know REAL value. If i'm going to buy something, i want to make sure it's a good buy and that if need be, i can sell them the next day to get my money back, i don't want to over pay for something. What would a collection such as this be worth on the market for a quick sell? Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Without separate photos of the obverse and reverse of each coin, it would be hard to assess them for anything more than melt value for the silver coins.

Chris

4. Daniy

Daniy New Member

Ball park number at least? Like, low ball as can be so i know where to start my negotiations and work from there. Thanks.

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

We would need to see the condition of each coin to help. As an example, the 1800 half cent could be worth a few dollars on up to several hundred dollars.

coinman1234 likes this.
  6. Daniy

Daniy New Member

Okay I will try to get photos of all the coins in as much detail as I can. Also, I should add that all coins were in circulation.... just thought I'd post first before I make any offers. Thought you guys would shoot a minimum blind buy number. But I'll get back to you with some pictures. Any specific coins I need to get details of? Or just in general all?

7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Wild guess. $60 to $80 on the low end. Trying to sell them may not be very easy.

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

that would be like buying a car without a test drive. we need pics.:snaphappy::wacky:

9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I would think/guess that the 1/2 cent, large cent, flying eagle cent, seated liberty dime, standing liberty quarter. would get the most interest. :greedy: depends on grade/condition too.

10. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Your question is like asking what is the value of a 67 mustang? Without looking it over, the value could be anywhere between 0 and 100K+. Coins are no different. Have they been cleaned? Are there any varieties like an 64 accented hair? Without seeing the coins the only value is worse case. If that's the case (poor or damaged condition) then reselling them at a profit worth your time might prove problematic.

craigale likes this.
  11. craigale

craigale Junior Member

May I offer a suggestion, purchase a grading standard book and then judge what you are buying. Maybe a coin is bent or holed or even a fake copy. I only buy what I like and sometimes they are not pretty to the eye but valuable and rare.

Draft saved Draft deleted