Long Beach CA coin show - Anyone going? Any dealer booths I should check out?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by softmentor, May 30, 2012.

1. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

2 questions really. Anyone else going to the Long Beach show?

Anyone know of any dealer booths that they recomend or any CT members going to have a booth? :hail:

I don't want to miss any of the best "stuff"

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

Haven't been in a few years and presently unsure whether I can fit a visit into my schedule.

For world coins, especially Asian, I would heartily recommend Fragner & Franger' booth. Very knowledgeable father and son who've both been at it for a long time.

If you're looking for US stuff all I can say is that there are a whole bunch of dealers, none of whom I have had any dealings with. Not sure, but I think CT member Pennylady sets up at that show.

4. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

Haven't been in a few years and presently unsure whether I can fit a visit into my schedule.

For world coins, especially Asian, I would heartily recommend Fragner & Franger's booth. Very knowledgeable father and son who've both been at it for a long time and reasonably price their merchandise.

If you're looking for US stuff all I can say is that there are a whole bunch of dealers, none of whom I have had any dealings with. Not sure, but I think CT member Pennylady sets up at that show.

5. tbarreca

tbarreca Ruthless Realist

I'm pretty sure that Charmy, The Penny Lady (Hi, Charmy) and Cointalk member is there. She's listed on the Web site as having a booth, and Long Beach is more or less a local show for her.

6. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

I am at table 549 doing imaging and selling Morgans.

7. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

I have never been to the Long Beach show and I cannot go this year. I hope to make it to that show one of these days.

I would recommend that you visit the following dealers' tables (if they are there):

Rick Snow - Eagle Eye Coins (Flying Eagle & Indian Head Cents)
    Charmy - The Penny Lady
    Todd (blu62vette) - BluCC Photos - DMPL Morgans & Coin Photography
    Fred Weinberg - Error Coins
    Bob Campbell - All About Coins (Bob is a former ANA President & longtime instructor of Counterfeit Detection at Summer Seminar)
    Doug Bird - Early American Copper
    Gary Groll - high-grade Conder Tokens
    Teletrade
    PCGS
    NGC

Draft saved Draft deleted