London Ancient coins shipping time

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by edteach, Dec 5, 2023.

1. edteach

edteach Well-Known Member

I bought a coin through London Ancient coins on Vcoin. I bought it on the 26th and it still has not shipped and I get no tracking or return emails for me asking if it has shipped yet. Do they normally take this long to ship?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

On their home page it states:
    OFFICE CLOSED FROM 18 November to 09 December 2023 - WE WILL SHIP AFTER 10 DECEMBER

sand and Curtis like this.
  4. -monolith-

-monolith- Supporter! Supporter

I've had some coin shipments delayed from London, Belgium and the Netherlands. London due to delivery company strikes, Belgium and Netherlands due to weather; and as expat stated a lot of these dealers may be closed due to Holiday.

5. edteach

Thanks, I usually don't try to look up the web sites as many on Vcoin only sell on Vcoin.

6. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

It was on the Vcoin page
    CaptureLAC.JPG

7. edteach

I missed that but I think it is because I don't go to the pages of the seller I just put it in the cart and check out. If it did come up I missed it.

8. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Those alerts also show at the top of each listing once you click on it, before you can add to cart (unless you do it from your watchlist). It's above the title, so it can be easy to miss.
    Screenshot_20231205-192806_Chrome.jpg

9. nerosmyfavorite68

nerosmyfavorite68 Well-Known Member

Their shipping has recently returned to about where it was in 2022; about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks, from order to door. In late 2022 through much of 2023, it was 4 to 4 1/2 weeks, partly because of the British postal upheaval.

They're also not that super fast to get it in the mail; about 5-7 days (assuming the shipping notifications are accurate).

And, if you're choosing DHL with them, make sure you include a phone number (very annoying). It doesn't matter what phone number, just a phone number. It'll sit there if you don't.

Perhaps the frequent recent out-of-office notices might be related to a move? The faster, recent packages have come from an Essex address.

10. edteach

The coin was in my cart for several weeks. I just bought it from there. I keep coins I like in my cart and if I am ready to buy and the coin I want is still available I just check out.

Curtis likes this.
  11. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Ah, that would do it! (Or if you buy directly from your Watchlist.)

Draft saved Draft deleted