Log jam at PCGS?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Casman, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Anybody else experiencing slow log in of submissions? Got a few in with no log in after 10 business days of receipt. I know they've had back to back coin shows but never been this long before.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I haven't submitted any coins to NGC or PCGS in quite a long time, but it had been that the holiday period leading to the January FUN Show was always the slowest.

Chris

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Stevearino and paddyman98 like this.
  6. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

I submitted a coin 2019 s for grading it graded 69. I sent the coin to PCGS in New Port Beach California. They are sending the package back and said it will be here Friday. I checked the tracking number said package was in Hyattsville MD 20785. I KNOW I ONLY GOT AN 9TH GRADE EDUCATION BUT How do you get from California to Marceline Missouri via Maryland... SHOULD HAVE LISTEN TO YOU cpm9ball don't send it in unless its MS 70... My defense I never opened it from mint.... sent it in that way..

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Back to back coin shows, but thousands of single coin ASE submissions to open many of which are express so they're jumping the line in front of normal ones, plus holidays yea they're behind. Both of them are behind right now and neither will probably get caught up until next year

8. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

It's the holiday season slow-down. It's happening at ANACS too.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

How? By using the Postal Service, that's how.

Stevearino and slackaction1 like this.
  10. robec

robec Junior Member

A few years ago I shipped a package from California to South Carolina. It somehow got sidetracked and spent a few days in Anchorage, Alaska before heading East.

Stevearino and wxcoin like this.
  11. Roseland3

Roseland3 Active Member

I sent a package to good friend in Calgary, Canada last year in the first part of December. It didn't arrive until early February. Went back to the post office and talked to a friend I had made there and he did some tracking for me. He showed me the tracking report that said the package wound up in Sal Palo, Brazil at some point. Go figure.

Kelly-Bob and wxcoin like this.
  12. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Not here. Shipped it on 2 Dec, shipped back to me on 11 Dec. I'm thinking it will be here Monday, maybe today.

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 10.50.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 10.53.39 AM.png

13. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

You must have opted for a faster tier of service than I did.

14. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Nope, cheapest slowest route. I was in no rust.

15. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

So the USPS has their bad moments. But consider that they handle millions of packages and letters each day across the U.S. and beyond. Now let's talk about UPS and FEDEX. Handling far less volume, they both have mediocre track records when it comes to shipping and especially handling. UPS is infamous for failing to stand behind their shipments that are broken or missing. FEDEX isn't much better, although FEDEX does have a better track record with shipping times than UPS. My direct experience is that I've had much better luck with USPS when shipping or receiving items. FEDEX is second on the list. UPS is far and away the worst when it comes to shipping, receiving, and handling. I know this sounds unbelievable, but my direct experience with the U.S. Mint has been error-free since they've been sending via USPS. To me anyway. And no, I didn't try to order the 2019 silver eagle reverse proof.

16. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

As a person that uses all 3 I just shake my head whenever I hear anybody talk about privatizing the post office. I to have had far fewer issues with USPS then the other two private delivery companies. To any Postal Service workers that may read this I thank you for your service.

17. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Fedex is by far the worst in my area with USPS being the best

18. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Almost all my mint stuff years ago never made it past the local Fedex station. Had to fill out the affidavits of non-receipt. One time they even lost a giant package the size of a fridge. Same scenario. Eventually magically appeared but oddly enough it had been damaged....but repaired very poorly.

19. EyeAppealingCoins

EyeAppealingCoins Well-Known Member

15k-20k 2019 S ERP silver eagles, Baltimore, and FUN are likely to blame.

20. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

The live view to their submission PO box Screenshot_2019-12-08-14-43-11-1.png

21. Kelly-Bob

Kelly-Bob New Member

Kelly-Bob, political comments are not allowed. Please read the rules to avoid other problems. Thanks, Jim

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted