Local and Foreign Bills

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by CoinBreaux, Feb 25, 2017.

1. CoinBreaux

CoinBreaux Well-Known Member

I'm preparing to move back into my house and in my office I found these bills wedged in a green envelope in the back. I have no recollection of ever buying these. Are these worth anything? I thought the Louisiana note was pretty neat since I was born and live here!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Runzwsizzorz likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. maeli

maeli New Member

Hello there.

I want to know if someone has ever found a 10c dime, with red color? It is 2010 dime. It looks like penny color.. but it is a dime. Please if someone can tell me about this.

Thank you..

Attached Files:

4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

First off. Welcome to Coin Talk. 2nd You will get a better responce if you post a new thread in error coins instead of tagging onto this one.
    Go to forums, find error coins and start new thread. Post photos in full image,both side if you can.

maeli likes this.
  5. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

They look like reproductions, eccept the 100,000 Mark. But I,m no expert on the subjuct.

maeli likes this.
  6. Runzwsizzorz

Runzwsizzorz Member

7. Runzwsizzorz

Runzwsizzorz Member

May I ask why they look like reproductions? They look pretty genuine to me but, I'm no expert either, so....

8. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

On the LA $10 [dix]. The yellowing on the edge looks to uniform to me. like it was applied to make it look old.

9. Runzwsizzorz

Runzwsizzorz Member

Hmm, I didn't notice that. I sure would like to know if they turn out to be the real deal or not!

10. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

The Citizens Bank note was pretty common in unissued bundles 50 years ago.. Being stored as a bundle would account fir the yellowing of the edge. Nice looking but not all that valuable today. A good example of a broken bank note if you do not want to spend a lot of money. The German inflation notr is too badly damaged to be other than waste paper, it was common in the first place.

The last item is not a banknote but a Bond coupon for interest, obviously by the time it was payable the bond was long worthless. I don't know what that's worth today.

CoinBreaux, alurid and Runzwsizzorz like this.
  11. maeli

maeli New Member

Thank you so much!!

alurid likes this.
  12. CoinBreaux

CoinBreaux Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but I am concerned with the ($800-1600) on the label on it. I hope it wasn't in really good condition when it was bought and was worth that much at one point!

13. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but I am concerned with the ($800-1600) on the label on it. I hope it wasn't in really good condition when it was bought and was worth that much at one point!

The label refers to a batch of 24 Confederate $100 bills, nothing to do with the note now in the sleeve. Crisp UNC that is worth only a few dollars.

Draft saved Draft deleted