LittletonCoin.com

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tommy1121, Dec 25, 2011.

1. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

Littleton is "Thee Leading Numismatic Catalog" that the salesmen on the various television coin programs talk about during their broadcasts. When the overpriced television coin salesmen have coins that are less expensive than the "Leading Numismatic Catalog", uh.................not good.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

Why are circulated Franklins $40?
    Why are circulated Morgans $70?
    Why are circulated silver Washington quarters $20?
    Why are $1 star notes $10?

Who is making up these prices?

4. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

inconceivable!!!

11254_185246604686_185245059686_2658104_3673892_n.jpg

5. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

I think a lot of us have ordered from Littleton at one point. I started coin collecting through them. I have noticed considerably better prices at my local dealer, but I will never complain about Littleton overgrading coins. Many mail order coin companies are guilty of overgrading, and passing off sliders as GEM BUs. I guess given the choice, I would like to get what I ordered.

6. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

:thumb:
    I agree with Matt
    Also
    :devil:
    But do like to find there set at yard sales were I can afford them.but that me:devil:

7. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Do they still offer coins "on approval?" I received one shipment and sent them all back with a "please take me off of your mailing list" message attached. I never heard from them again (thank you) and I have no plans to ever deal with them again. Like many have already said, the prices were outrageous for what they sent.

8. ArthurK11

ArthurK11 Active Member

Yeah they still have the "on approval" program which is just a gimick for them to make money

9. ArthurK11

ArthurK11 Active Member

One more thing I just remembered and no one mentioned yet is their profit shares program. They give you 10 profits shares for every dollar you spend with them and then the shares are redemable for free coins, supplies, ect. Sounds all good except that the amount of profit shares you need to get anything substancial is huge. I'm talking a couple thousand dollars spent to get a somewhat nice coin. This program sounds great on the outside but like the prices of everything else they sell, the profit shares are over priced.

10. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

I must agree with everyone else here. If you look around, you can find much better prices elsewhere. Also, most collectors agree that colorizing coins destroy their value. I say, if you like them, go ahead and get them. But I'm guessing you can probably find those elsewhere for less as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted