List of Wide and Close AM Varieties

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by lupinus911, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Lance Tumlinson

Lance Tumlinson New Member

I have a DDO and DDR ‘92 D, but no close AM ON THE BACK. How much is that worth?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. KidsCollectingCoins

KidsCollectingCoins New Member

For the 1996 D Penny, is a Close AM considered an error or is it only the wide AM?

4. Gage dobucki

Gage dobucki New Member

I have 1982 d copper it weighs 3.1 how much is it worth

5. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

@furryfrog02

6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The odds are 11 billion-1 it is a large date. Worth 1 cent.
    Now if it is the small date, (chuckle), then you have something.
    So far there is only 1 known 1982-D small date copper.
    1982-varieties-revised.jpg

Jasanche likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You'll have to get a job if you want to buy a car.

Chris

8. Floyd Boring

Floyd Boring New Member

Hi I have a 1982 d penny that weighs 3.1 can I send a pic and somebody help !e figure out if its ligit or not

9. Denise Louise

Denise Louise New Member

I think that I may have 4 of these. They are 3.1 grams each with a D mint.

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You very well may have four, but they're almost certainly large dates and therefore exceedingly common. That's why you've found four...

Still, if unsure how to identify large or small dates, feel free to post photos. Welcome to the forum.

11. I just found a 1990 close am and they didnt start making them til 1993 anyone know how much that could he worth

12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You might as well post photos so we can determine exactly what you have before concerning yourself with value. 99% of the time it's the wisest approach.

Welcome to the forum.

13. WILLIAM RAY III

WILLIAM RAY III New Member

Is a 1963 & 1968 d 3.1 grams rare?

14. Wldhorse500@gmail

Wldhorse500@gmail New Member

Is it possible to have a 1973S lincoln penny with a close AM? Cause I think Im in possession of one!

15. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

I've never heard of one, and I don't think it's probable, but hey, post some pics in a new thread and we'll take a look.

Also, see this reference if you haven't already: http://www.lincolncentcollection.com/closeamwideam.html

Tin_Man_0 likes this.
  16. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

After reading the previous 3 post from new members, it solidifies my hatred of YouTube videos! Lol!!!

17. I found a close AM 1995 THAT IS ALSO A DOUBLE DIE

18. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

It's supposed to be a close AM. The correct term is "doubled" die. Welcome to the forum and pictures are welcomed!

19. Tin_Man_0

Tin_Man_0 Active Member

I'm surprised that many of these rare coins aren't worth a whole lot more than what they are.... when you think about it, finding one is tantamount to winning the lottery. Like 1 in some billion if you were looking though just one years coins, most people have to look through mounds and mounds of well over 9 decades of yearly multi-billion printed pennies and that's IF you're only looking at Memorial or newer.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  20. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Coins aren't printed. Also, many of these coins aren't rare. I have rolls of the wide AM cents. Welcome to the forum!

21. CHARLES ROSENBAUM

CHARLES ROSENBAUM Active Member

You folks are awesome, I have learned a lot just reading your comments and looking things up. Thank You

Draft saved Draft deleted