List: Most valuable coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Christopher290, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Christopher290

Christopher290 Active Member

What is the most valuable coin that you have? Tell me! If you know a close range on the price, or the exact price, I would love to know!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Christopher290

Christopher290 Active Member

1881 $5 Gold... $~600

4. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

So, where do you live my friend? JK

joecoincollect and Kentucky like this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The one coin my dad gave me about 40 years ago. It's worth a million dollars to me.

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Here's a form you can use, OP:

Coin:
    Value:
    Name:
    Address:
    Approximate hours the house is unoccupied:

7. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I don't really know what any of my coins are worth because I have no idea how much someone would pay me for them.

The last time I thought I knew what my coins were "worth," a dealer offered me less than a third of my estimate. That was deflating.

joecoincollect likes this.
  8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I sold it!

Chris

9. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I once mentioned how much I paid for a coin what started a "good deal, bad deal" discussion and derailed the thread. It's not important how much a coin is worth, there are really nice coins available for every budget... anyway Larry gave the "best answer" in post #4 :)

10. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Check completed auction records for similar coins. A dealer will not pay retail for your coins. If you have raw coins, they may be cleaned/damaged what is another reason for a dealer to make a lowball offer.

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Sorry.. but why? o_O
    I don't even tell my kids nor my girlfriend!

Markus1959 and Ericred like this.
  12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Such information is best kept private in these times.

Markus1959, Evan8 and Ericred like this.
  13. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

I'll let you know as soon as I cast it.

Cal

14. Santinidollar

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I found the OP's inquiry to be a bit spooky.

15. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I bought it and put a hole in it.
    1876 IHC Holed 1.jpg

Santinidollar and Jwt708 like this.
  16. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

For some reason, nobody ever comes to my house.
    [​IMG]

17. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

1913 v nickel MS 70, currently accepting offers btw

rooman9 and jester3681 like this.
  18. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

My coins are priceless because I collect what I truly like and enjoy regardless of monetary value, and don't plan to sell any of them. I enjoy my cheapest coins as much as I enjoy my most expensive coins.

And to the OP, that is a very creepy question. Couldn't get any creepier unless you asked for our bank safety deposit box numbers, and location, and a copy of our safety deposit keys.

paddyman98 likes this.
  19. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

Kind of like the questions I ask here. Most of these guys are in it to collect, not about the money as it is for me...
    I would like to have a collection, but don't and will work on it a little. I think they all also are quite SAVY and know how an I.P. address can be traced...
    If I tell you I own one of each of these : http://www.pcgs.com/top100/details.aspx
    you would be proud of me... On the other hand, someone linked to the mafia, russian mafia, or WHO KNOWS would be working on my address....

By the way, looking at #32 on that list should guide anyone looking to make money on coins... Follow the yellow brick road...

20. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I don't own anything of extreme value. I can't imagine paying a wild sum for a coin that I would simply lock up in a vault from fear of someone stealing it and never, or rarely, having the chance of seeing it. That doesn't sound like a fun way to collect. It sounds more like the road to perpetual anxiety. As such, I tend to buy things that wouldn't upset me if I came home to find them stolen. And I don't really buy all that much anyway. It's a strange hobby - a lot of things people would like to own cost a lot of money and, though they may enjoy owning these things, the ownership comes with the worry of someone finding out you have them and taking them from you. It's very strange. I both sympathize with the collector's perspective and find it somewhat crazy all at the same time.

jiadanza and joecoincollect like this.
  21. Santinidollar

Draft saved Draft deleted