Lincoln wheat cent icised

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bmagold, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Bmagold

Bmagold Active Member

Has anyone ever heard of a lincoln wheat cent that was incused instead of embossed I have a 1946 incused both front and back

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood!

You'll need to post photos.

Chris

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Easy.. Take a blank cent then put two normal cents on both sides. Stick all 3 into a vise then put enough pressure to leave an incused image on both sides of the center coin.

5. Bmagold

Bmagold Active Member

I will see if I can get that done

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

They are called a "vise job", and no they are not made at the mint by the machines that produce the coins. They are made by people trying to rip off someone else such as on etsy, and the other less monitored sites. We see on the average about 1 a day here by someone who was told it was worth a lot of money. Be aware. Welcome Jim

7. Bmagold

Bmagold Active Member

I don't know if I know what the hell I am doing but I think I was able to upload some pictures on the incused lincoln wheat
    Well I was wondering how that might be pulled off and your explanation sounds like that would do it

Attached Files:

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Your cent looks normal besides all the corrosion going on :yack:

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's called a vice job. Take two coins, put them together then put them in a vise and tighten. This can be done with any coin so the question is what type and how many would you like? lol Welcome is CT. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted