Lincoln One Cent Misprint????

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by JackieMagack, Jun 24, 2012.

1. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

Strange coin that i found in my change the other day, what do you guys think it is, and if it's real, how much could it be worth and how rare of a find is it? Am I lucky or just plain over imaginative?

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Can't tell from your pics, but the reverse impression of Lincoln is probably incuse (sunken). If this is so, your coin is most likely some kind of squeeze job. There is absolutely no way it came from the mint that way.

5. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

Check out this sweet pocket change find..

6. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

it's not cut in half or anything like i've read on squeeze job reports, they say they cut em in half and expose the inner parts of the coin, but this one is as thick as a normal penny and weighs about the same as one from its time period..

7. rickmp

Damaged after leaving the mint.

Oh, and one thread is enough.

8. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

Wow, what a edited, forum rules way to welcome a newbie.. nice job bud..

9. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

A squeeze job doesn't involve cutting a coin in half. It's using a vice or similar to press one coin into another. The reverse image of lincoln and the incuse 91 and ytr is a sign of a squeeze job. No premium on that one. :(

10. rickmp

30 posts is not a newbie.

11. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

hmmm, pressing another coin into the backside of this one should have cause some sort of damage to the front side, in which here no damage is presented..

12. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

well, thanks anyways buddy.. no hard feelings, its just that sarcasm is a distortion of anger and i needed to express myself is all, so i apologize.. good day sir..

13. mackwork

Depends on what they pressed the obverse (in pretty bad shape) against. Wait for more opinions if you think it's something special.

14. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

i wouldn't be sad if it was worthless, but i haven't seen another like it on all the web, so yes, i will hold out for more opinions..

15. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

could it be a capped die you think?

16. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

There's a possiblity it may be a brockage, but you'll need better pics (more lighting and shoot it dead on) for an accurate determination to be made.

17. Kid_Collector

Kid_Collector Member

Why call him a name like that for having a valid point? you posted one thread on this coin, the all said pmd and squeeze job so you make another? Rick is a nice guy once you get to know him...

18. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Might be a good idea to read the forum rules. Thanks for apologizing and please limit a discussion item to one thread.
    http://www.cointalk.com/t34131/

Jim

19. rickmp

ty!

20. JackieMagack

JackieMagack New Member

It's funny how you assumed that I posted a new thread based on him using the word squeeze, in reality i realized that there was an error section and posted it there as well, i checked for a delete button, but could not find one, but thanx kid collector for your your opinion, it was a good guess, great job..

21. mackwork

Looking at the reverse rim on the top right might indicate a brockage, but as said, better pics are needed.

Draft saved Draft deleted